The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 55 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#117707 - 05/21/07 02:41 PM Re: Shyly coming into the room... I've been gone.. [Re: DreamrKate]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Back Kate! You aren't the only one who took a necessary sabbatical from the Forum - I was away for over a year but have "dipped my toe" back in. Happy that you are doing the same. Sounds like you have been through a LOT, but it also sounds like you've made it to the other side of the problems and have found a good place to "be".

#117708 - 05/21/07 06:11 PM Re: I've been gone.. [Re: Pam Kimmell]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I am in awe of all the things that you learn about yourself when going through trials. It's sort of like when you don't know exactly what you want, (or where you're headed, or what you want to do) sometimes it's easier to identify what you don't want and then figure out what you DO want by process of elimination. At least that's what I've told my kids for years. At least when you see what you don't want, you narrow the options down to a manageable state and it gets you going in the right direction!

So, what I've learned about myself has been invaluable, and being at this age, in my early 50s, I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to finally get here, at a point where I can fairly objectively assess myself, my life and fine tune those things that I want to spend time on.

THANK GOD.... I've gotten to a point where I'm comfortable.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#117709 - 05/22/07 04:12 AM Re: I've been gone.. [Re: DreamrKate]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi DreamrKate, I welcomed you back in another post, but wanted to add how good it is to see you back, and to hear that your life seems to be working in a better direction. I've been worried about you, and thought about you several times, hoping everything was all right.

Poet and essayist

#117710 - 05/22/07 04:40 PM Re: I've been gone.. [Re: meredithbead]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Hi MErrY!!! It's so nice to see you! Yes, things are just so so.....so what I thought they were supposed to be actually. I was just hangin' on waiting for it. As soon as I figured or realized that it wasn't MY, MY, MY responsibility to 'teach' other people their lessons, the burden was off and I was able to concentrate on what "I'M" supposed to be doing with MY OWN life; what's MY calling?; what's MY gift?

And so in that vein, I've fallen in love with ceramics and clay all over again, after a 23 year absence.... so I bought myself a potting wheel last year and a used kiln this year and I'm in love with getting my hands in a lump of clay and rocking out in my back yard, in the sun, up to my elbows in clay. Or I'm painting, I love painting, or drawing, I'm just so involved in creating stuff, I'm in love with it.

And so, how about you? How's tricks?

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#117711 - 05/23/07 01:43 PM Re: I've been gone.. [Re: DreamrKate]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate, you sound so much lighter. You are doing what so mnay other obomers are doing at midlife...redefining ourselves and it's awesome to hear the passion in your voice. haved you read The Artist's Way?

#117712 - 05/23/07 05:24 PM Re: Shyly coming into the room... I've been gone.. [Re: SharonE]
jennyherbs Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello all,
I am brand new here. How amazing to see you all seem to KNOW each other!
What an amazing community! Glad to be joining you all.
Jenny
And by the way, I LIVE in AZ. And yes, it's HOT and getting HOTTER!
Jenny

www.RetireRichandHealthy.com
http://NaturalHealthForBoomers.blogspot.com/

#117713 - 05/23/07 05:48 PM Re: Shyly coming into the room... I've been gone... [Re: SharonE]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
You are on your trip now, I guess.. I am sooooo jealous! But wishing you a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! Just wondering if The Lord of Rings by Tolkien had anything to do with your trip??? Have you seen where the hobbits live, etc???

You may never see this note, so I´ll have to try again when you get back home to AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Lot of love!!!

#117714 - 05/23/07 05:54 PM Re: Shyly coming into the room... I've been gone... [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jenny, welcome the best best neighborhood on the Web. I hope you'll jump in hte other forums and tell us a little more about yourself. I want to know why the herbs?

#117715 - 05/23/07 07:15 PM Re: Shyly coming into the room... I've been gone...
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi HOT Jenny....Glad you jumped in to join us! So what do you do when it's so hot? Stay inside, or can you do things in the early morning hours when it's cooler?

#117716 - 05/23/07 08:36 PM Re: Shyly coming into the room... I've been gone... [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kate,
We all so glad you are here and that you've rediscovered what makes you feel alive and passionate, once again. Good for you!

Jenny, welcome! Glad you've chosen us as your new home on the net. You're going to love it here. Tell us more!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved