The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115843 - 11/21/07 10:49 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think that's a great idea, Poppie, and a beautiful piece!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#115844 - 11/21/07 11:07 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My gosh, Poppie, this is beautiful. What a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays than to auction this off for a good cause.

I am hoping and dreaming that you, Celtic and Lucien will be happily together for a bit of a while over the holidays.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#115845 - 11/21/07 11:18 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow...how beautiful! Where do you auction it? And while we're talking, any word on your friend?

#115846 - 11/22/07 02:52 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
trulie trulie lovlie po,
did you aske if you could action it heer, how is that gonna be done practicallie.
what charitie are you giving the cash too, i aint pleadjing a pennie untill i know which you have decided upon. lol its not the lucien c -e christmass toy appeal is it lol. I couldn't resist that, anyway all toys are in the cubord alreadie, afterall i work for santa part time ya know or he know lol.

can i critiseis one thing your photographie needs improving, its lovlie and i can work out how its done tecnicallie but your not showing that pice off to its full advantige, its hard to see its a tri-band at the back, and what the front view would be on a finger becouse one can see the back of the ring at the same time. velvet or satine gloves if you can't find anyone with good hands to model it. its also a massife photo a dint might show up on photo that wouldn't be seen with normale sized photo's. plz take the critisisum of it as just off the photos and not the ring or your work.

what do you ladies think of the ring and auctioning idea?.

#115847 - 11/22/07 08:14 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Good tips Celtic. I would want to see a ring on a finger before I decide. I love the setting, Po. I find this kind of work amazing. Good luck in your auction!

#115848 - 11/22/07 09:06 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Thank ya'll for the comments, JJ what if I auctioned it on the forums? Would that be permissable? It certainly would be fun.
Celtic, sorry about the scale of the photo's..I dunno how to scale them down...as for finding a nice hand....well, lets say when I finished polishing the peice...I did go in search of a nice hand...and the hands of hard working jewellers and silversmiths are not pretty after a long day of grafting..good suggestion with the gloved hand though..I will see if I can get that sorted.

The photos do obscure soldering glitches on the back of the triband shank(my tutors doiing it there way and not the way I was previously taught...not mine)...but as an auctioned early 'Poppie' peice, that is fair enough.

I think I would obviously choose an autism charity on this occaision.

As for Roisin, she has been in touch via txt and the family are down with some sorta gastric bug, Roisin herself has lost her voice...I hope to speak with her this weekend...

Please chip in about the auction in the forms and whether it is permisable or not.

Big Loves
Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115849 - 11/25/07 07:20 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Poppie, I can't answer the question about -- can you auction it here? -- because I think only NABBW members can do something like that, but better ask Dotsie.

As far as the pics: I agree with what's been said. You have way too much blank background which triples the picture size and doesn't add anything to the presentation of ring. I don't know how you store your photos on your computer or what editing program you use, but you need to CROP.

The ring is truly lovely. Before you auction it wherever, though, you need to post this info:
ring size
a bit about the process
metal
stone -- what? and cabochon size
What charity? and a bit about the charity and why you chose it.
opening minimum bid
public bidding or private? -- you might have to set up a tiny dedicated website, where daily bids are posted
When does bidding end?
shipping costs extra?
You might also want to contact members of the charity to tell them what you're doing, as some of them may also want to bid knowing it goes to a good cause

If you can't figure out how to crop, send the pics to me as an attachment.

Poet and essayist

#115850 - 12/02/07 08:26 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Hi Ladies,

Mer my freind...I realy should have thought about the auction thing before posting about it. I don'e have enough time to be organising all of the relevant stuff you mentioned...but thank you hon.

It's the last three weeks of term and everyone is a little 'end of term' crazy, getting peices finished for assesment etc.
We are at the start of our last brief for this term...and I am loving it. The breif itself is 'EAT'..
Basically, we as a whole cohor have to pu on an exibiion in the first week of next term..on the 8th of Jan(has to be set up on the 7th and I fly back on the 6th!!!)

My concept is very strong...it is a visual statement peice which involves laying a table with comemoraive plates..and on the plates are the photo's of the 10 dead hungerstrikers of 81' from N.Ireland. The men were imprisoned in 'The Maze' and each shared H block shaped sections of the jail.

I will use an old blanket for a table cloth(as it was a blanket protest too)....and in the center, to form a H on the table..a jug of water and five tumblers each side.

I will be making the menu as the narrative for the event and each man will have a place setting which will include his birth, death and a short bio.

Thatcher and Haughey...the two political key figures from this time will be abscent...but their places at the head of the table will have the menues.

I am way excited about this one..as it follows what I said from the outset about documenting through art and jewellry the shifts and changes in N, Ireland over the past 30 years....knowing me, it will change and evolve as I get into the swing of it.

I will post a link to the visual once it is on canvas

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115851 - 12/02/07 10:00 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Poppie, boy are you creative. You go girl. It sounds like you are pumped for this project and doing well.

I know you are a member of the NABBW, but I think it would be hard to auction something off in here. If you want to sell it, it might be easier.

#115852 - 12/03/07 05:04 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University!
Poppie Offline

Dots a chara...you 'outed' me as a member..lol...I was saving that for when I had my own web links for my work.....ah well .

The breif that I am doing is taking great shape..and each tutor I share the idea with has helped me stretch it out even further.

The table is now going to be H shaped with a center peice being made out of knives, forks and spoons. I have o be soo very careful with the narrative on the menu...I don't want to be tagged as a 'nationalist' artist I will probably sell this peice back home,when I have one which works well from the other perspective.....my developing skills mean that I could have that on done early in the new year.

I am so primed for this one....and think that there needs to be a range of strong imagrey, from an equally strong female Irish artist/jeweller..who can and will document pasttimes, current times that shaped my world veiw.

I am off now to sketch a half a dozen variations of what I am clearly going to depict

(oh aye...I discovered only recently that I can sketch reasonably well!!!! )

I will keep ya'll up to speed

Big Loves

Poppie

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved