The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115823 - 07/12/07 05:37 PM Re: update on University [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Mountain, I have not forgotten your jewellry hopes...and I am still happy to further your wee dreams of learning in any way....Gosh, maybye you will even find a course at 'he Cass'in London!!! Now that would be something! Just gimmi a shout if you need anything

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115824 - 07/14/07 05:12 AM Re: update on University [Re: Poppie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
What a beautiful story, Po! Although I've never made anything even close to that, I was aware of some of the problems you might have encountered. I read each step of the story with a clear picture of the process and cheered with everyone else when it was done!

Everything in the universe has its time. This is yours.

Poet and essayist

#115825 - 07/15/07 02:37 AM Re: update on University [Re: meredithbead]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
PO, that is a great story! People look at art and think "Oh, I could do that!" NOT! It's called "art WORK." Although there are moments of bliss, when all else in the world falls away as you work at your craft, it is indeed work to get to the final finished product. Your story shows the true creative process and hard work and determination. You also have a champion for your artist in "Jim." I logged on and read this story, and now I must go, but I will be back! L, PL

#115826 - 09/22/07 10:59 AM Re: update on University [Re: Princess Lenora]
Poppie Offline

Hiya, just thought I would pop in to tell ya'll that I have arrived safely in London. Heading 2 my new abode just now. I will be back soon when some settling has been done. love to all who have been so encouraging as I follow this dream journey. Poppie (formally known as popea!)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115827 - 09/22/07 03:07 PM Re: update on University [Re: Poppie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hey PO!!! Good to hear from you!! How are Celtic and the wee one? Please keep us posted on your new adventure.

Kathy

#115828 - 09/22/07 08:48 PM Re: update on University [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Po, thansk for filling us in our your journey. Are you living on campus at the university. How fun to be able to go away to school at your age.

#115829 - 09/24/07 05:34 PM Re: update on University
Poppie Offline

Wow....wow......wow....I am in seventh heaven!!! It is al pretty surreal and I don't think that I have fully accepted that I am realy doing this. I got my first term details....design and make...YIPEE.

My halls ladies are boomers bar one who is quite young, they are all fab. It is so cool to be chatting with likeminded peeps...swap ideas....big ourselves up realy!! I was soooo scared about the student halls(beimg a mature student!)..Celtic has been so reassuring and reminds me that everyone will be experiencing a version of what I am experiencing.

I miss both of them terribly, but know that time will aid this adjustment. I have to keep my eye on the bigger picture......which is an awsome one to boot.

I haven't got my own computer and connection yet, so it will be a short while 'till I get supplied from the university.

The support is outstanding from all aspects....so I will be fine.
I will keep you all posted.

Love to all.

Popea

#115830 - 09/25/07 01:32 PM Re: update on University [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Po, you sound tickled to be there. Can you fill us in on exactly what you will be learning? And, is your stay for 15 weeks? Will you get to see your family during that time at all? Maybe Celtic can make a tape of Lucien for you like she did for Anne.

#115831 - 09/26/07 10:10 PM Re: update on University
Poppie Offline

Totally blown out of the water Dots-tickled is an understatement-I just can't get my head round the magnitude of it all. Opportunity at every turn-still waiting for someone to catch me on and call me a fraud-which I am most definitly not. Wow-this is me stripped down to the bare bone, it will be facinating to see what unfolds when my derived boundaries are exploited and explored. love to all Poppie

#115832 - 10/10/07 12:53 PM Re: update on University [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Hello Ladies, well now...ain't life just fine and dandy .

Yesterday, I started on my first peice of jewellry, a single stone ring!!! Doesn't seem like a lot....but, when I sat at my workbench, saw in hand, silver in the other....oh boy, oh boy !
The breif is to take a stone of your preference, choose whatever metal you want and design , make this first peice using a range of four different stone setting types. Unlike many of my peers, I could have produced something nifty in an hour(we have 12hrs in total, and a wee bit of free time for workshop space) .

So, instead of throwing something together...just for marks and assesment, I set about designing something a wee bit more intricate...I need to be challenging myself and my tutors...or whats the bloomin' point ?
I have made a proto out of base metal...and found myself helping my group with different things(that was refreshing my skills too).
It was awsome, once I had silver in hand....my feet touched the ground...I am home!!!
I can't tell you much of the design because it is a very special peice for Celtic on our first wedding anniversary in Feb(it will be in for assesment along with all my other stuff till after Christmas anyway)

So, all our introductory stuff is out of the way and the real excitement and creativity starts here....it's heady, heavenly and just what I have been waiting for, for such a long time.
Dots, Celtic may be over for a visit before the Hols.we are trying to work out what time is best. She sends her love to all, her comp has been down for a long time...I think it is better now and she will be popping in soon.

I am installing my cam this aft so thatI can speak to her and Lucien realtime.

I will be keeping you all posted, I do miss the neighborhood and hanging out as muh as I used to .

Love to all for now

Poppie

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved