The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#108801 - 02/24/07 12:26 AM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: NewLeaf]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Add on:

What energizes me is when there are ideas that can be molded in to what others can benefit from.

I see possible jobs, someone to call companies to sell this project for their employees and clients, creating the baskets, booking the events at different locations throughout the U.S. just to start with.

Get your thinking caps on and see if everyone interested can make some money doing what they do best.

#108802 - 02/24/07 06:18 AM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: Phyllis0618]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Phyllis, I've had a dream for a long time. I used to own my own home daycare. As part of that I studied other daycares and accepted children in my home from daycare institutions. I observed the children from homes, from daycare facilities and compared the well being and social development of both types of situations.

What I found was the ones from daycare facilities seemed to be more socially mature and developed than the ones from homes. The ones from homes clung to their parents and threw a fit when the parents left while the ones from daycare facilities jumped right in and participated in all the activities being helpful and the like.

I designed a daycare facility that was like the Holiday Inn Holidome but on a much smaller scale, with an open atrium in the middle accessible from each "family" room.

Each room would be a mixture of various age groups of children, babies up to 5 yr. olds with volunteer "grandparents" visiting each family.

There would be both a male and a female as teachers and caregivers. There would be a nurse and a sick room on duty as needed.

Each family would have a name. The Brown family, the Green family, etc. Each child would have their own cubby with things from home and photos of parents and siblings.

There is a lot more down to how much the workers would earn and how much would be needed to keep the business afloat and profitable.

I just don't have the capital and the encouragement to get it started.

#108803 - 02/24/07 09:16 PM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: NewLeaf]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Legit jobs from home - Ebay and half.com. Sell your junk and books. There's no money in having them collect dust or rotting in boxes or the closet. Of course, the older the better. Don't worry about what you paid for it...get what you can and clean your house up at the same time.

chick

#108804 - 02/24/07 09:24 PM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: chickadee]
Jane_Carroll Offline

NL,
Your Day Care sounds wonderful...I hope you find the capitol!

#108805 - 02/24/07 09:51 PM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: Phyllis0618]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Phyllis
I visted your site, but it says it is under construction. I would love to see it, so could you please post when it is up and running?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#108806 - 02/24/07 11:06 PM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: NewLeaf]
Phyllis0618 Offline

For anyone checking my website and it said "unconstruction" that is because I was making changes.

Try again: http://www.eldercareconcierge.net

Talk with you soon.

#108808 - 02/26/07 01:10 AM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: NewLeaf]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Someone sent me a private message but it comes from this site and can not be resent to the sender. So here I am! One of you has a friend who is going to have a caregiver convention. Please send me her email address. I am interested in knowing more.

It is important for me to learn how other peers tackle the problems of aging parents. What questions do they ask to get the conversation started with them. I have my technique but what are theirs. Not to critize but learn.

#108810 - 03/11/07 01:31 AM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: NewLeaf]
chickadee Offline

Newleaf and others, I came across this while reading abc news.com and it looks like it could be an opportunity to work from home. I thought I'd share it here.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/PersonalBest/story?id=2743602&page=1

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeControlOfYourLife/story?id=2621388&page=1

I'm going to check out this one because I love to research

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeControlOfYourLife/story?id=2516129&page=1

chick

#108811 - 03/11/07 09:59 PM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: chickadee]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My employer is an office product manufacturer I and work from home, as do many others. There are many manufacturer's rep types of jobs in many other industries. Look in a retail store, such as Home Depot, Lowes, Office Superstores and the people who represent those products usually work from home.

laurapoplin.com

#108812 - 04/21/07 08:35 PM Re: Any Legit Work From Home Jobs?? [Re: Phyllis0618]
KC Christensen-Lang Offline

Loc: Beautiful New Hampshire
Hello New Leaf:

All great ideas...you may also want to consider being a VA (a Virtual Assistant); there are some great VA training schools out there or you can do it informally and just market yourself as one. Anyway, it's the wave of the future for coaches like me, consultants, business owners, etc around the country who have needed help, but there's no room in our office or we don't mind if the person lives elsewhere...we often hire VAs. VA's do a wide variety of tasks; I have a VA I love who I have never met, who has kept my biz going for several years! We get someone talented, experienced and capable and the VA gets to work flexible hours from their home for good pay.

The other thing you may want to do is check out www.craigslist.org (and click on your home state) for available jobs you could do from home.

Good luck,
KC
www.CoachingForTopLeaders.com
Free Positive Living newsletters!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved