The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#105860 - 02/15/07 02:25 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I just began reading this today and started my gratitude journal. I started with 5 things, but honestly, I could have filled a page +.

I don't consider myself a negative person, however, I am not happy with my circumstances totally. Is that a contradiction?

I think I need to learn more about gratitude.

laurapoplin.com

#105861 - 02/15/07 02:36 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Daisygirl]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm finding I'm having to think above a normal consciousness I can't think in my natural mode and "feel" grateful. It is taking practice, for me. I mean, I can make a list about the things I "should" be grateful for, but I'm aiming at feeling it through. Maybe I'm making it harder than it is, thinking it should be more like the first spiritual experience I had.

Edited by gimster (02/15/07 02:46 PM)

#105862 - 02/15/07 03:01 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: gims]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
gimster, maybe you could try breathing through it instead of feeling it.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#105863 - 02/15/07 09:43 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne and Daisy, I'm so happy to hear you are doing this. Daisy, that makes sense to me. I think some people think our lives have to be perfect to be happy and grateful. I don't find that to be true at all. I certainly have my issues, but I try to find something within each to be thankful for.

gimster, eventually it will seep through and you will feel it. Keep up the good work.

#105864 - 02/15/07 10:31 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Daisygirl]
KathyScherer811 Offline

Hi Daisy, That sounds like dis-satisfaction to me and that is good because it causes us to want to grow. Here is a recipe for gratitude for you and everyone else. I hope you like it.

Recognize and appreciate all that you have to be grateful for.

Take even the smallest successes,
Add a pinch of growth,
Focus your attention on doing everything possible to make your life a success,
Use your capabilities well,
Seek out the littlest advantages and pleasures,
Build on this precious foundation,
And things will continue to change for the better.

Finally, Apply liberal amounts of gratitude for even the smallest talents and treasures that you possess.

And remember that gratitude causes us to be honest with ourselves and to feel our feelings. We cannot be grateful and resentful at the same time. Have fun, Kathy

#105865 - 02/16/07 10:58 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
KathyScherer811 Offline

Message gleaned from Oprah today:

Many of us are focusing on what we don't want. Therefore, the law of reverse is operating in our lives.

What to do: Write a list of everything you don't want in your life. Then write the opposite of what you do desire.

WAIT FOR YOUR NEW ORDER TO BE FILLED BY THE UNIVERSE.

Eileen

#105866 - 02/16/07 11:14 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I think by being grateful for what you do have, you keep your focus on what you do want. At least it has helped me.

I also heard the message of service. Giving to others. We all have strengths and gifts to offer others. This giving is showing gratitude for your own gifts.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#105867 - 02/17/07 03:24 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I thought of this forum topic today while taking communion to shut-ins. I was trying to think of what these once vibrant, very active, dynamic people who are now flat on their backs in care centers have to be thankful for. That is the true test, giving thanks in rotten situations. I decided they would have to be thankful for the people who care for, visit, and show them love. I pray I get better at this before that time arrives in my life.

#105868 - 02/17/07 03:27 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You will, Dotsie, you will.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#105869 - 02/17/07 08:45 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo
KathyScherer811 Offline

Hi everyone, According to James Ray, (from the Secret,) "Whatever we fear or love will come into our life." So if we focus on what we fear we will attract what we fear. If we focus on what we love, we will attract what we love. When we learn to be absolutely grateful for right where we are, the master key of gratitude will open the door to our natural state of abundance.

If we make gratitude a daily habit I'm sure we will look for the good in everything as we go along in this life. At least that is my intention.

The gratitude community is growing and I am so grateful for being a part of it. And I am grateful for everyone participating. Thank you, Kathy

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved