The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#105820 - 02/08/07 02:31 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
KathyScherer811 Offline

"Gratitude is the intention to count-your-blessings every day, every minute, while avoiding, whenever possible, the belief that you need or deserve different circumstances."--Timothy Miller in How to Want What You Have.

"Seeds of discouragement will not grow in the thankful heart."--Anon

Eileen

#105821 - 02/08/07 02:22 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Kathy, that's a keeper. I'm going to print it out and read it every single day. Thank you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#105822 - 02/08/07 10:36 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have lots of questions.

How did you two meet?

How long were you friends before you chose to write your book together?

Are you women of faith..as in what church or denomination if any?

What do you think of The Secret?

#105823 - 02/09/07 04:31 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo
KathyScherer811 Offline

We met on the marketing committee of our church, which is a church of religious science. We started meeting with another woman about ideas on what we could do together. Then it was just the two of us and after keeping gratitude journals, the book was born. I don't remember the time sequence as it took us 3 years to write our book.

We think The Secret is simply wonderful in that it is touching the minds and hearts of many people and has the potential to raise the consciousness of the world.

James Ray was in Milwaukee this evening for a lecture--most people had seen him on Oprah today. Kathy was there working as she has been promoting his organization here.
He was, of course, very inspiring as were all of the others on Oprah today.

Thanks for the response.
Eileen

#105824 - 02/09/07 04:32 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
KathyScherer811 Offline

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.--Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief.

Eileen

#105825 - 02/09/07 01:47 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My publisher, Louise Hay, belongs to the same church you do. Actually, that's how she started her empire...speaking to groups of people who had AIDS and giving them her positive message.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#105826 - 02/09/07 03:32 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Dianne]
KathyScherer811 Offline

Diane, We heard Louise Hay speak at our annual retreat at Asilomar (Pacific Grove, CA) some years ago, and it was a wonderful experience to meet her. What a blessing to have Hay House publish your book! It appears your book has a wonderful message and will help many people. The world is grateful for you and your efforts.

Eileen

#105827 - 02/09/07 04:04 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
KathyScherer811 Offline

What we think about and thank about, we bring about.
--Dr. John DeMartini

Eileen and Kathy

#105828 - 02/09/07 07:27 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Merci!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#105829 - 02/09/07 07:40 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I was handed a bitter pill to swallow at work yesterday. I did everything I could think of in the moment to find what was in the message I received for which I could be grateful. Couldn't do it.

I came home and watched Oprah, and within minutes, I started to see how much I have that is wonderful and that I can show gratitude for in my life. Then I thought about what lesson could I learn from this experience.

It did take me longer than I would have liked, but my whole being changed when I returned to a focus of gratitude and celebration.

Thank you for your work.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved