The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#102934 - 04/26/07 12:54 AM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: TVC15]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Meredith, you HAVE to post pics when you're done!! What color is the sink, toilet, etc? Did you get rid of those pesky spiders under the sink, or will they be painted turquoise too?

#102935 - 04/26/07 07:33 AM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Turquoise; the color fo caribic. You'll never leave that bathroom. Samba Samba!

#102936 - 04/27/07 03:07 AM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: TVC15]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Meredith,
Your bathroom sounds gorgeous. I hope to see pictures when you get it completed.

I hope you aren't having to take out old tile. We did that and what a job. I'm still cleaning mortar dust out of stuff.

Laurel

#102937 - 04/27/07 04:07 AM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: Laurel]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Taking a short break here...

Primer finished. Started edging color. Stopped for dinner.

Sink and toilet are boring white. Shower tiles are boring white. I'm really not up to removing existing tiles, so they'll stay until further notice. There are other things I'd like to do in here, but I'm painting and tiling one more bathroom later this summer, and won't have funds to do much else.

I'd really like to replace the mirror, old and flaking around the edges. I'd also LOOOVVVE to replace the counter tops, but again, can't afford construction people to do that work. Speaking of counter tops -- does anyone have any ideas how I can de-uglify faux (formica?) marble? -- Short of plastic explosives, or covering it with a blue tarp. -- The ugly isn't from old age; it's from the previous owners having really hideous taste. The counter top is glued solid into the counters.

Kathy, the spiders have run away and hidden. They probably smelled the paint and decided to relocate to another area of the house. Orange County real estate is pretty steep, even for spiders, so now that they're vested, I doubt they'd move out.

Poet and essayist

#102938 - 04/29/07 02:01 PM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What about contact paper? Remember that from the 70s? We put it on the panels of our bedroom doors, covered our trash can, dresser tops, etc. Mom and Dad weren't real happy but we did it anyway.

#102939 - 04/30/07 02:28 AM Post deleted by Dotsie
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland

#102940 - 04/30/07 07:00 AM Re: Guess what I've been doing?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Dotsie, contac paper is ...not...quite...me.

Mitzkity, fixtures are white. Cabinets are painted vanilla. Death-ugly faux marble countertops are swirly beige tones. What kind of paint would you use?

I was hoping to finish Saturday but I got a migraine, probably from the combined straining my neck back to do the ceiling, and staring into the light fixtures too much.

Poet and essayist

#102941 - 04/30/07 12:06 PM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: meredithbead]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
http://www.gardenandhearth.com/PaintandWallpaper.htm

Meredith,
If you go to the site I've posted above and click on one of the recent discussion' linkstowards the bottom of the page, you will be in a discussion forum for the paint and wallpaper lady at Garden and Hearth. I'd start a new topic there about the formica. (I don't think she has an article for that one yet) Anyway, she is a professional painter and she is just wonderful. Her name is Carina and she has helped me out many times before. It may take her a day or two to get back to you if she's busy but if there's a way to paint formica, I know she will know how to do it.

You can also post a question at the bottom of any page, at the questions link but that may take a bit longer as it has to process through the site editors before being published.

For anyone with paint problems or questions, check out her articles. She's really good!

#102942 - 04/30/07 01:07 PM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My next door neighbors painted their bathroom countertops. They sanded them down, then painted them, then put a sealer of some sort down. You couldn't tell it was painted either. They did a nice job. The hubby was a painter anyway so he knew what he was doing.

#102943 - 04/30/07 10:42 PM Re: Guess what I've been doing? [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Thanks Robin and JJ. I don't even know if I want to paint the counters, but I'm not sure if there are many options. I submitted a question to the paint lady at Garden and Hearth. If I do decide to paint the counter, it would have to be something creative, not just a flat color.

Even knowing the price of the floor tile, Hubbo still wants to buy a new big mirror. One less piece of ugly YAYYYYY!

And as of 1:30pm today, the painting in this bathroom is DONE!

At least until we buy the new mirror, and then I'll have to paint behind the old one, but that's pretty minor.

Poet and essayist

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved