The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 93 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#102314 - 01/09/07 06:38 PM New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Have you seen them yet? Book trailers? They're like the trailers that are out for movies, but for books. Anyway, I am finally catching up with the technology.

Here's a book trailer for Not Without Anna. The lady who created it is also working on one for Trust in the Wind. I'll share that one when it's ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFcR8wlgnjY
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102315 - 01/09/07 06:40 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This was fab....omg...I want one.

#102316 - 01/09/07 06:46 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: jawjaw]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Me too! How much did it cost? Is the person available to do more? Thanks!

#102317 - 01/09/07 06:56 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Casey]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
That was cool - I've never seen a book trailer before. Love the idea!

#102318 - 01/09/07 07:28 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
WOW! That was awesome! What great publicity!!!!!!

#102319 - 01/09/07 07:47 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Edelweiss]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Wow! I've never heard of a book trailer. How much? Where did you find her? Is she available? Tell us EVERYTHING!!!!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#102320 - 01/09/07 07:49 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: starting over]
chickadee Offline

Vicki,What a new unique advertising strategy.
It is well done.
chick

#102321 - 01/09/07 08:12 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: chickadee]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

The lady who did mine lives in Australia, I'll ask her if she wants referrals. She's very reasonable.

Thanks for all your comments.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102322 - 01/09/07 09:02 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Wow, Vicki! It is very effective with "Not Without Anna" because the issues involved are very real. I hope the rest of your books follow the same suit. Way to go, Vicki!

#102323 - 01/09/07 09:36 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Lola]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I just got an e-mail back from Julie. Her name is Julie D'Arcy.

She lives in Australia, so be aware of the time difference.

Her e-mail address is: julie@juliedarcy.com.au

Just tell her you're a friend of mine. K? I'm not getting anything for referrals. Just passing along the information.

Oh, she charges $25 per book trailer. And, she's working on some others right now, but she'll put you on her list.

Lola, thanks. I'm glad you liked it and could see the drama in the events.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102324 - 01/10/07 05:04 AM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
This is the first time I've heard of a book trailer. It's very well done. How will people access it -- off you website?

Poet and essayist

#102325 - 01/10/07 01:30 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Renee Russell Offline

Loc: Tennessee
These book trailers are SO cool. Brenda Novak and JoAnn Ross both have really good ones if you want to take a look at their sites. I want one someday.
Kate's Pride
Southern Gothic Historical
Available from Wings ePress Jan. 2007
www.wings-press.com

#102326 - 01/10/07 06:05 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chickadee Offline

Have you seen any traffic/sales increase or is it too early yet? Is she the only one doing this? What a great business she has created online. How in the world did you find her, Vicki?

chick

#102327 - 01/10/07 08:38 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: chickadee]
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
A Trailer for a book may be a great thing. In that YouTube is very popular, this could be an excellent way to market a book.

Kathleen Gage

#102328 - 01/10/07 11:01 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: meredithbead]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Quote:

How will people access it -- off you website?

I've put it on my blog and linked to it from my website. I've added it to my Myspace page and it's on Youtube. So, I think I've spread it out around to enough places.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102329 - 01/10/07 11:04 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: chickadee]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Quote:

Have you seen any traffic/sales increase or is it too early yet? Is she the only one doing this? What a great business she has created online. How in the world did you find her, Vicki?

chick

It's really too early to tell on sales. It was only done yesterday and today. I'll have to wait and see.

No, Julie isn't the only person doing this. There are marketing companies like Circle of Seven Productions (COS) who do their business with these. They do really good ones that cost a LOT of money. You can even do them yourselves with Windows Movie Maker if you're creative.

Julie, the lady who did mine, is an author with the same publishing company I am. And she made one for herself and posted it on our publisher's forum. She offered to make others and I asked her to do mine.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102330 - 01/10/07 11:06 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Quote:

A Trailer for a book may be a great thing. In that YouTube is very popular, this could be an excellent way to market a book.

Kathleen Gage

Kathleen, it's "what's new" with technology right now in the marketing world. I'm a little late jumping on the bandwagon. It's been out for awhile.

Julie is very reasonable. She does live in Australia, so there is time difference issues. But, she's willing to listen to your ideas.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102331 - 01/10/07 11:08 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Julie did another one for me, for my book TRUST IN THE WIND. The link to it, if you didn't see it on the other post is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh2ZIOCUdg0
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102332 - 01/11/07 02:06 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Vicki,

These are awesome. I had never heard of such...I don't get out much, huh? I sent Julie an e-mail...so maybe Bertha will be showing up on Utube soon!

Thanks for sharing the information.

#102333 - 01/11/07 05:49 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

You're very welcome, Jane. I hope it works out for you and Bertha.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#102334 - 01/11/07 11:17 PM Re: New Book Trailer for Not Without Anna [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I can't watch it because I don't have Flash Player installed and they say to close all other applications first. So I'll try later. I've extremely eager to see this!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved