The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#10119 - 01/06/07 12:15 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: chatty lady]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Thank God for second chances with REAL MEN

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com
“We are STRONG..We are INVINCIBLE..We are Baby Boomers!”

#10120 - 01/08/07 02:54 PM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: bamgibbs]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
You know what ladies, I would have NEVER in a 1,000 years have expected to be a "liberated" woman (divorced, lol)...

but I have to tell you - I have never felt better, never loved my life more, and have never had more hope for my future!

I'm sure women who have come out of abusive situations in particular especially understand. My ex was very negative and miserable with his life, and you know how poppie runs downhill.

I think the only thing that is hard - is that I am a very(ahem) passionate woman who loves deeply....I grieve not having that someone special in my life. I know it will come - I just really miss that most.

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#10121 - 01/09/07 01:08 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, thanks for sharing your happiness with us during what many women perceive as a most miserable time. You are so wise to recognize that his negativity dragged you down. You have been set free and can now set the tone for your life and your home with the kids.

I'm sure there's a loving, passionate man out there who will be one lucky guy when he meets you.

#10122 - 01/09/07 01:30 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks Dots!

Along that same line - One of the nicest thing said to me was from a long time family friend. He's known my family for years...(and he knows us well (kinda like family)...

he said to me, "danita, your husband is a jerk. The guy you fall in love with will be the luckiest guy on the planet".

That coming from a MAN who knows me well - just blessed my socks off.

I think sometimes as a newly (rejected) single woman, it is easy to think that I'll be lucky to find someone...but I now practice those words my friend said to me....

No, Danita, HE will be lucky!

So much of what happens in life happens between our ears.

:0)

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#10123 - 01/09/07 04:46 PM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Listen to what he said. I totally agree. And I've met you face to face. I don't only know you from the forums. So that counts more!

#10124 - 01/16/07 04:18 PM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Danita,
I've been single at about every age and when I divorced in my forties, I thought having a man in my life was a thing of the past. But I was amazed at how popular I became even after I turned 50.

I was having a blast. A few guys proposed, but I had no intention of remarrying until Dan came along and swept me off my feet.

There's a lot of life after divorce. And it can be fun. You are a beautiful woman with a whole new life ahead.

smile

#10125 - 01/22/07 12:38 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: smilinize]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its nice to look younger than your age but it attracts too young of men and thats not good. I hate having to tell someone, he is too young for me. Now I just say I'm 'gay' and they leave me alone. What??? Well I am! HAPPY/GAY as a lark. Not my fault if they take it wrong.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#10126 - 01/22/07 09:40 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh, yes Chatty. Looking younger than actual age has its disadvantages. It does not just attract younger or smarmy men, it is also fodder for snide remarks like: "You don't want your looks to go to waste being on your own".

#10127 - 01/23/07 02:49 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: smilinize]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
And please tell me, smilinize...where did you happen to meet all these men?

#10128 - 01/23/07 06:46 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: klmr13]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wish I could give you one simple answer. These are the few I can remember here in the middle of the night.

CHURCH: I was dating two guys I met at my church when I met my husband. I also dated a preacher who attended one of my plays.
PARTIES: I re-met a guy at a party that I had known for 25 years. He proposed, I accepted. We were within a week of a big wedding when I got cold feet. I had a now famous UN-wedding party for out of town friends. :-) He hated me for a while, but eventually forgave me. (I think he was as upset about missing the UN wedding party as about losing me)
MUSIC: An old acquaintance who is a well known musician recorded some of my songs and we dated for a while. Neat guy and I got to meet some neat people.
THEATER: I met a guy doing research for a play. He was researching the same character and we began exchanging info. then dated. He proposed, but had a drinking problem.
HOME DEPOT: (My persoanl favorite) I was always there with set builders and when I was lonesome, I would go there to kill time. I met a lot of guys who wanted to give advice. A few wanted my phone number. Never dated them, but they were nice.
OLD FRIENDS: Two old friends got divorces and asked for dates, but instead we just hung out together. We're still friends.
REUNIONS: I re-met a guy I had dated in high school at a class reunion. He proposed. While I was deciding. He was killed in a plane crash.
FRIEND FIX UPS: Friends fixed me up with a few guys, almost always a disaster. One stalked me forever.
VACATION: I met several guys on vacations and dated them elsewhere, but they lived far away. One traveled here, but he wanted me to visit him and I didn't want to go there.

I met my husband online. He gave me advice about how to get away from the 2 guys I was dating from church. We emailed a couple of times, knew each other for 3 weeks (I was gone 1 of those weeks), on impulse he proposed, and on impulse I accepted. We were married a couple of days later. I've never regretted it and he says the same.

I was single almost ten years this time and I dated a lot. I was not serious about many guys, but almost all were really nice.
My single male friends complain about the lack of attractive women. I think the shortage of men is a scam.

I have always had as many male friends as female friends. I like men and I think they sense that. I enjoyed being single. It was not always great, but nothing is. Overall, it was an adventure. If you are recently divorced, you have a lot of good times in front of you. Use precautions, but men are not all bad guys. Nothing is perfect, but with the right attitude, being single, even at midlife, is nothing to dread. A man once told me the secret to attracting men is a smile. My husband says I have a great smile.

smile

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved