The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#161557 - 10/02/08 03:00 PM serving on a committee at church
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was asked to serve on a committe at our church. It's for a new contemporary service we'll begin in a few weeks. One of our tasks has been to hire a worship leader for the service. I must say, I know next to nothing about music so I was a little concerned about being involved. But I have to tell you, I've been blessed by this committee and the musicians we've auditioned and interviewed.

The gal in charge of the music piece is only 27 and I have been incredibly impressed with her leadership skills. WOW, she's something.

The people who have auditioned, for the most part, have been 20-somethings, and again, I've been impressed and touched by their maturity.

I must share that what I thought would be a little trying for me, has been a pleasant surprise for several reasons. The committee is lovely and has worked very well together (not always the case), I've listened to several young musicians who want to make a difference in the lives of others, and I've witnessed how awesome some of the 20-somethings are. It's been refreshing.

#161896 - 10/05/08 11:23 PM Re: serving on a committee at church [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm so glad you are getting to experience this. It's too bad many might not participate due to race, age, culture, faith. You're a jewel, dotsie, you truly are.

#161905 - 10/06/08 02:23 AM Re: serving on a committee at church [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
What a great gift...for both sides of the team! Those youngsters get to see a great heart in action and realize that all "boomers" aren't the doddering enemy! What a gift, what an amazing gift.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#162484 - 10/12/08 08:01 PM Re: serving on a committee at church [Re: Mama Red]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
I love it - that happens so often to me. The things I dread the most turn out to be the best blessings. That just goes to show we really don't know. Walking through an open door presented to us can lead to great things. Thanks for sharing.

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#162492 - 10/12/08 09:13 PM Re: serving on a committee at church [Re: savvygrandmother]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, and the older I get, the more open doors I like to walk through. We never know what's on the other side.

#163337 - 10/20/08 07:37 PM Re: serving on a committee at church [Re: Dotsie]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dotsie: It's important to enjoy while serving! It's a privilege and, I am so glad for you! God continues to bless and guide you and each one of his children.
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#163394 - 10/21/08 11:59 AM Re: serving on a committee at church [Re: Songbird08]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks song. We're getting closer to launching our first contemporary service. We have younger people on the ocmmittee and the title we decided on for marketing is:

Rock Ur Faith at 5:30

Not necessarily something our generation could relate to, but we're definitely trying to reach the younger generations.

Time will tell. Another meeting tonight.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved