The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#157884 - 08/28/08 01:03 PM A Meredith Masterpiece
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Look at this...by far the most stunning and exquisite thing I own! I don't wear fancy jewelry, but for years have wanted to order my own "Meredith Masterpiece". So a few weeks ago, she and I started dialoguing about it - and look at her amazing "work of heart"! It arrived two days ago and when I took it out of the package, I could feel the necklace vibrating with Meredith's love in every bead. And when I put it around my neck, I could feel her TLC radiating from it. Then I read her card and she told me she had said a little blessing over it before mailing it. Well, Meredith, words fail to adequately express my delight and awe at this exquisite masterpiece you wove for me. Thank you my friend. It's too beautiful to keep to myself, so I had to share pictures of it here!

(Dragonflies have a special significance for hubby and I)

(Meredith, I had to use your picture, because mine didn't do it justice)

(Maya Angelou)

#157888 - 08/28/08 01:45 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
OMGosh....what beauty! This is absolutely gorgeous! And I can testify that things Meredith create are ten times more beautiful IN PERSON than the pictures....is that possible? Yep, sure is. Order something and you'll see what I mean. The earrings I have ordered have simply amazed me when they arrived and I would open the box. She is an artist. Heck, you don't need me to tell you that. Look at the picture!

Meredith and Chatty...if you two ever joined forces, you would have to open a brick and mortar store to hold all the customers!

#157908 - 08/28/08 05:19 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

I have enjoyed both Meredith's and Chatty's creations. Professional Artists, and the best thing is that I also met the two of them.

#157909 - 08/28/08 05:19 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: chickadee]
chickadee Offline

Beautiful Necklace by the way. EH, tell us the dragonfly story.

#157912 - 08/28/08 05:41 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, it's not the most exciting story to tell, but it's ours. A couple of years ago, hubby bought me a beautiful gold chain with what he thought was a butterfly pendant. He knew my passion for butterflies so was excited to watch me open it. So I did, and not knowing he thought it was a butterfly, I exclaimed (with genuine delight) "Oh a dragonfly! I love dragonflies". I was actually ecstatic at the thought that he had remembered how much I love dragonflies. At first he was disappointed (he didn't even know what a dragonfly was, much less know that I liked them) but eventually came around. I told hime that I adore dragonflies but just didn't have any other dragonfly decor because they were so much harder to find. Which made the necklace that much more precious to me.

Since then, the dragonfly pendant is about the only piece of jewelry I wear. So when he saw Meredith's necklace, he was so delighted by it that he insisted on buying it back from me because he loves the idea of giving me another dragonfly for Christmas. So I'll wear it on our upcoming trip to Europe, then when we get back, he's going to take it and hide it away. So on Christmas morning I get to open it all over again - it will be an extra-special gift radiating both Meredith's TLC and hubby's love.

(Maya Angelou)

#157938 - 08/28/08 08:07 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I love it!

#157943 - 08/28/08 08:28 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: gims]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
WOW! VERY pretty and so unusual!

Nice job, Meredith. Custom work is so rewarding!

#157950 - 08/28/08 09:32 PM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: Di]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks gals, and thank you Sharon for putting up the pictures. BTW, the colors in her pic are accurate. My scanner puts a blue tint on everything which I have to edit out (and hadn't, there.) The necklace fits perfectly in the neckline of the dress. I always enjoy seeing how my creations are worn. smile

Special orders are nearest and dearest to my heart, and it's so gratifying when everything works! Eagle was so easy to work with which made it even more fun. I'm honored and blessed to be part of this project. grin cool

Poet and essayist

#157971 - 08/29/08 04:29 AM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: meredithbead]
chickadee Offline

Meredith have you ever put a background, like a piece of velvet over your jewelry while scanning? I use all kinds of backgrounds.

#157976 - 08/29/08 07:22 AM Re: A Meredith Masterpiece [Re: chickadee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
It would have to be stiff or it would drape over the jewelry and hide half of it. The blue tone comes from the light underneath. Actually, my background is white printer paper that I taped to the scanner lid. I know -- way tres boring -- but there are so many pictures on my website, I need a unifying background or it would be visual overkill.

If anyone says anything nice about me the next few days and I don't answer, it's because I'm not here. Working a Labor Day Weekend arts & crafts fair in Morro Bay, nice beach town 5 hours north.

Have a great weekend everybody! See y'all on Wednesday. smile

Poet and essayist

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved