The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12693 - 03/20/04 04:29 PM change of heart
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just wanted to share that many times before I have my quiet time with the Lord in the morning I feel scattered, fearful, doubtful, and unsure.

After spending time in His word, praying and listening, journaling, and seeking, I get up feeling fresh and brand new. I have the confidence that I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. This is amazing, but it is His promise.

If I could only carry that feeling throughout every second of every day. [Wink] It lasts as long as I remember to allow it.

Do others experience the same?

#12694 - 03/21/04 07:38 AM Re: change of heart
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dotsie,
I used to wake up scattered and fearful, but I started something a while back that has helped a lot. I'm not sure where I learned it.

In the morning, the moment I open my my eyes, before I even get out of bed, and before the worries of the day can enter my head, I look outside and immediately begin to silently say a thankful prayer. My first gratitude is for the weather. I hate cloudy days, but if it's cloudy I remember that the sun is still shining somewhere and I am thankful. If it's snowing, I'm thankful for the beauty of it. If it's cold and raining, I'm thankful that something beautiful will grow. And if it's sunny, I'm simply thankful for the joy.
The prayer continues as I crawl out of bed and amble downstairs for coffee then settle in for a quiet time.
By the time I'm conscious enough for the worries of the day intrude, I can be thankful anyway knowing that "all things work together for those who love the Lord."

Praying in that half awake, half dream state seemd to calm me all day long.
smile

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Just wanted to share that many times before I have my quiet time with the Lord in the morning I feel scattered, fearful, doubtful, and unsure.

After spending time in His word, praying and listening, journaling, and seeking, I get up feeling fresh and brand new. I have the confidence that I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. This is amazing, but it is His promise.

If I could only carry that feeling throughout every second of every day. [Wink] It lasts as long as I remember to allow it.

Do others experience the same?

#12695 - 03/23/04 07:13 PM Re: change of heart
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks smile. There is always something to be thankful for. Great idea to do so when geting out of bed. There was a time in my life when the kids were little that I would pray as I rose. Maybe I need to go back to that! Thanks!

#12696 - 03/23/04 11:48 PM Re: change of heart
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Yes, Dotsie, there are times I do feel the same way. I think my word is "overwhelmed" and today is one of those days. I've got so much work to do and it's just so hard to get motivated today. All I want to do is play on the computer, read magazines, knit, watch television. My work isn't getting done, it's piling up and here I am...on the computer . Maybe I need to take my knitting to the pasture and sit with the sheep & horses for a while. That always seems to center me. It's a good time to pray, reflect and just be. There are those who call it a Zen moment. For me, it's a God moment. Hmmmm...that's it then...I'm outta here! Bye-bye.......

#12697 - 03/24/04 03:38 AM Re: change of heart
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Remember that the Christ child was born in a manger surrounded by animals. Maybe thats why you feel centered and relaxed surrounded by your animals. Funny how history repeats itself over and over again. You step into the stables muddled and nervous and step out relaxed and refreshed. I think you are a fortunate women to have such a close association with our animal friends. ENJOY and bless you.

#12698 - 03/26/04 01:34 AM Re: change of heart
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, I love your thoughts for Thistle. How heartwarming!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved