The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#175181 - 02/19/09 09:48 PM total hip replacement
Barbara S Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NY
Hi, ladies! I'm recovering from hip replacement surgery. My progress is going at about the expected rate. 2 weeks after surgery I have switched from a walker to a cane. As I continue to improve physically, I become more bored mentally. I cannot drive and will not be able to for at least another 2 weeks. I'm crocheting a baby blanket for a colleague and writing the story of my parents' romance. Any other suggestions?

#175191 - 02/19/09 10:45 PM Re: total hip replacement [Re: Barbara S]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
But if you weren't house-bound, you'd have never found us!! smile

If I were house-bound, I'd probably go through the gazillion printed and digital photos and videos and try to put them into some kind of order.

Are you up to fixing lunch for a friend, or maybe order in and have a friend over? I know I like some real conversation too; sometimes just sitting at the computer all day just doesn't cut it!

Glad you're progressing well.

#175306 - 02/21/09 12:07 AM Re: total hip replacement [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yeah lady, take it easy, it sounds like you are doing plenty already after having major surgery...Hope all heals well soon.

I also crochet all sizes of afghans and ponchos. I just finished a blanket and sweater in pastel pinks for one of our ladies grand-yorkies birthday present.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175343 - 02/21/09 02:59 PM Re: total hip replacement [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hi Barbara S and welcome to our community. We're so glad you've joined us! My sister had hip replacement surgery and so I know first-hand of the recovery period and what all it entails. God love you, it is a somewhat slow process, but she is so much better today and says it was worth every minute of the recovery period.

Since you are a writer, do you also enjoy reading and movies? Organizing things could take up quite a bit of time as well. Like in one of my own "down time" periods, I took one drawer in the kitchen every day and organized it. Talk about purging...geeish.

Also, you could watch some of those movies you've been wanting to see, or read that book you've been putting off.

What about trying your hand at a new craft? Art? Beading? Candle making? Just a thought. Do you have a musical instrument you've been wanting to try like a clarinet? I wouldn't suggest the drums or piano, too much hip movement.

You might even want to think about writing a 500-word article on recover from hip surgery and submit it for payment to a medical magazine...or health magazine...just some more thoughts.

Whatever you do, we're glad you're here!

#175556 - 02/23/09 07:06 PM Re: total hip replacement [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
babera s hi and hope your still healling well. Hope you stick around to chat a bit through your convislesence and afterwards too smile

#175668 - 02/24/09 09:01 PM Re: total hip replacement [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
When I'm stuck in the house, I like to organize. Are you well enough to do any of that? Even if it's bills, photos, drawers, whatever. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment which is needed when recovering.

How about calling old friends or family members you haven't spoken with in a while? That's always fun.

How's the recovery coming?

#175673 - 02/24/09 09:24 PM Re: total hip replacement [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Found my way to BWS after surgery as well, Barbara. And, then it was veni, vidi, velcro. Welcome to BWS and heal well.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved