The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#173519 - 02/03/09 05:19 PM stress and doctor visits
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read that 60% of all doctor visits involve stress related maladies. I totally believe it. Boy are the doctors going to be busy during this recession. I continue to hear about companies laying off hundreds and thousands everyday.

#173571 - 02/03/09 11:31 PM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Quite a few of the medical clinics offering specialized proceedures have closed their doors as well. I haven't a clue where some of these people will go. Oncologists are deserting this state like rats off a sinking ship. Even dental offices are closing and moving to states not as effected by the recession.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#173582 - 02/03/09 11:57 PM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yep that snow ball effect for restrants and pubs and cofe houses is alreadie closing bissnesses heer. Some of my frends long established bussness have gone now and the range of soups they sponcered or loaned thir name to went bust...so my frends gone dowen on that one too.

Every jewlare shop has a sale on and with gold at a massife high its high powered sales time for the bussnesses in general trying to sweeze some extra pounds out people.

#173586 - 02/04/09 12:05 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

personalie i am scared as i might have to borrow a lot of cash for something quite important and life changing and the borrowing rates are phenominaly high.....typical it be first time i had to borrow seriouse cash (exept morgagies) its not for luxcury stuff but i might have to miss this oppertunitie that in some ways be exceptional becouse of borrowing situasion.

i don't wanna be negative but its a big considersion to the overall situasion....know what i mean.

i sure we all have our sacrifises and ways we be hit by this recsion maybee in ways we don't know yet.

#173588 - 02/04/09 12:10 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh i just had a though!

those with the cash in bank or anyweer else will certinly be able to clean up on the amount of luxioury items thats hitting low low low prices, such as plasma tv jewlarie as i have already mentoned lol

this won't be all bad for some, hands up who?

#173601 - 02/04/09 12:29 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My dodtor always takes my BP at the beginning and end of a visit and it always has dropped into the normal range at the conclusion of the visit, from having been sky high when I first get there. She calls it 'The White Coat Syndrome.'

#173726 - 02/05/09 10:29 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

yea i get that stressed with doc visites too chattie. How wise is your doc that they know to take it at end of the sesion...

i feel stressed becouse i know they allot 15 minet time appontments and theirs always a cue so i talk as fast as i can..that and dreading bad news is what couses my stress i think,

what couses yours?

#173833 - 02/06/09 12:58 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Just having to go to the doctor in general Celtic. I have ZERO faith in most of them anymore. I am always afraid they'll find something and I am not a strong person to overcome some of the things some mof the women here have overcome. I know my limits and they are many when it comes to illiness.

#173834 - 02/06/09 01:03 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Since we predominatly deal in cash, and have no debt, I'm finding my husband and I finally have some buying power. We've always lived without credit because we dont' believe in it and it's paying off for us now.

We can pick things up for discount now without knowing it and that is GREAT for us!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#173839 - 02/06/09 01:57 AM Re: stress and doctor visits [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I have to admit that when I quit a "normal" job to be full-time self employed I have a much, much less stress in my life. I used to have anxiety and now I don't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved