The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#200655 - 03/08/10 11:22 PM Maybe theres hope yet!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My DIL called me Sunday and we talked for quite sometime. She is wondering if I think my son might be receptive to going for marriage counseling with her. I said that would be wonderful and she should ask him. I did say I thought he wasn't happy about the divorce and that monitary problems seemed to have sparked the arguments and helplessness they were both feeling.

My son confides everything to me so I had to be extremely careful not to accidently repeat anything he'd told me in confidence. I kept the conversation on her, how she feels and what she thinks.

I hope they do get back together before it's too late but I doubt it will occur...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200665 - 03/09/10 02:01 AM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I think the fact that your DIL called and spoke to you at length about how she is feeling speaks volumes about what a great person you are Chatty. Obviously she knows how close you are with your son and respects your opinion ..I hope they get back together too .

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200677 - 03/09/10 07:56 AM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I've been in the same situation, Chatty. My son has confided in me, and so has his wife. Sometimes I think, they deserve each other. lol. I have found myself taking sides, and that isn't good. Now I try to avoid any conversations that contain, "...he said, ...she said blah blah." They drive me crazy, and I don't know who to believe anyway.

You were wise in just remaining as a sounding board. Let it roll off you though, before it gets under your skin. It just isn't healthy, especially because we have no power to change anything anyway.

The less I know, the happier I am.

#200692 - 03/09/10 07:51 PM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Maybe she was feeling you out a bit. The fact that you shared a bit about your son may lead her to feel like she can talk to him about another change. Wouldn't that be nice?

#200701 - 03/09/10 09:23 PM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

That would be great Dotsie and if he were receptive it would be even better.

Edelweiss and Nancy, I am so proud my DIL feels she can talk to me and that we are friends. All too often when the couple splits up we are expected to take sides. I won't do that no matter what I think secretly, and as far as letting it bother me, I have enough on my plate right here in my own home to stress me out.

#200716 - 03/10/10 08:05 AM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

You should feel proud Chatty...I love that you refuse to take sides...it will make it so much easier for your son and DIL to reunite if it is meant to be....I'm also sorry to hear that you are feeling stressed out in your own home...take care!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200719 - 03/10/10 10:53 AM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am not that stressed out Nancy but adding other folks troubles to the ones I face daily won't help me be in control of my feelings. I prefer to be a happy, go lucky, always up human being. So all I do is listen and suggest what I truly feel might help them or I say nothing at all.

#200729 - 03/10/10 09:24 PM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

I understand what you are saying Chatty...and I have always loved the way you reach out to help every single lady on this website..you listen to everyone and offer so many insightful and helpful suggestions...you are very special and truly deserve to be happy..so if I hear you say that you are stressed somehow then I want to be able to help...or at the very least listen to you in return, (((((Big Hug))))

#200775 - 03/11/10 05:48 PM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Chatty, I'm glad that your DIL trust you and hope that she never takes advantage of that trust. Counseling can both ways, and each may discovery their faults and want to work on those issues, or find blame with themselve or each other. Just so long as each recognizes their independent issues, then only a positive outcome will occure. And positive can be a negative for the other.

You're a good mom, Chatty.

#200801 - 03/12/10 12:24 AM Re: Maybe theres hope yet! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks MA and I do try very hard. Unfortunately you don't always get out what you put in, example: My younger son, the invisible man!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved