The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152036 - 06/25/08 12:21 AM Plastic Surgery News and discussion
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
The latest in Plastic Surgery is the decline in procedures. It seems that there is a recession in the area of those homes that have six figure incomes. These women used to have procedures often and it was the norm. Plastic surgery in that group has dropped, in some areas, 65%!

Lifts are dropping, (no pun intended, lol,) and it appears that the demographic that was the largest that indulged in plastic surgery is becoming conservative and going for less expensive things like Botox and the like! What a way to cut back family expenses, right?

Has anyone had plastic surgery here? I had a broken nose but did not alter my nose when I had surgery to fix it.

Most of my friends have had plastic surgery at least once and used to see the surgeon or derm often. I've so many friends who had breast enhancement or breast reduction surgery. I know women who have given thier teenaged daughters nose jobs!

It's hard to tell who is real anymore.

Rumor has it that Nicole Kidmann has one of the top ten worst face lifts now! (These rumors fly amongst my group.)

Most of my friends have Botox but I do not. On the other hand, I am not wrinkling very much at this time. If I were like my friends I would have had it anyway!

The first surgery is usually the eyes. It is one done in the twenties and thirties to take the fat out of the lower eye lids and to tighten the upper lid so that the eyes appear more open and so that they can use eyeshadow easier! NO kidding! It's a crazy culture, really!

My friends have had C-sections and Breast surgery in the same session! NO kidding! I had one friend who almost died in a car accident. She was in the hospital for weeks. What did she do? She asked for Breast enhancement surgery since she was hurt there!

Nuts!

What say all of you?

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#152037 - 06/25/08 05:35 AM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I broke my nose when I was 17, and did NOT want one of those little snub noses that look so stupid on faces like mine. All my surgeries have been necessary medical procedure.

I've said it before -- I live in the plastic surgery capital of the known universe. Is the rate going down? I dunno. Awful damn lot of inflatable boobs in SoCali, even on high school girls. I think they're getting it as a graduation present, in addition to the prerequisite car. Or maybe they saved their allowance -- hard to say around here. Middle aged women with above obnoxious boobs, in addition to faces with all the expression of store window mannequins -- maybe cuz they use the same plastic? I know, I sound catty -- but all this artificial plastic is downright scary-looking.

On a more serious note, there's so much disposable income here, and it's going for self-absorbed procedures, that, even more than the mink coats of yesteryear, scream Look at me! There's no limit to the extent of self-mutilation that can be bought -- and is.

...while working people cannot afford medical care, schools are losing their arts funding, and veterans are homeless. Even more than the gawd-awful lack of aesthetics, it's the lack of values that galls me.

Poet and essayist

#152038 - 06/25/08 08:05 AM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: meredithbead]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I've never had any plastic surgery, though years ago I
thought about a nose job. Then I decided that God was
happy with the way he made me LOL.

#152039 - 06/25/08 02:22 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: diamond50]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Dancer for bringing this up and I agree with you that some of it is nuts. While I think it has it's place, plastic surgery for vanities sake is not something I would endorse but to each his own, I guess...but I have listen to women who would take out a loan they couldn't afford, just to get something like this done, then complain because they couldn't afford food. Ahhh...hello? So in that sense, I would say it is ridiculous. There are those, however, you need the plastic surgery and should have it. I'm sure those are not the people you all are referring to.

I would never have it done to my own self unless it was a matter of life or death...that is just my own self, though.

#152040 - 06/25/08 04:39 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The latest in this town is all the fillers, botox, and non-invasive procedures. Also, very expensive creams that supposedly work miracles. I've never had any procedures, but cream the heck out of my face - for what that's worth.

There is a local woman who is probably in her late 60s early 70s. She's the head of our county school board. She's has so many procedures, she looks like a tight-faced monkey. Very odd looking.

#152041 - 06/25/08 04:49 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion *DELETED*
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Post deleted by jawjaw

#152042 - 06/25/08 05:07 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: jawjaw]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Every wrinkle earned is my motto..that and body work should require Sweat & daily maintenance, not plastic or silacone. Unless as JJ says, life or death. However I see the option as a personal choice. But, can't help recall that comedian saying in older years women w/boob jobs will be all saggy with 2 rocks in socks! LOL Oh stop it! Well, Dots said that gal looked like a tight faced Monkey! Coming from you Dotsie that really got me tickled. Kinda like catching the preacher cussin'. Love your topics Dancer & Diamond, you're right God's happy with us the way he made us.

#152043 - 06/25/08 07:21 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

I agree, Jaw Jaw. It's addictive, this surgery. If one has a part of their face done, it does not match the rest of your face, so new surgery on another part and on and on, to the neck, etc..
Also, there are the surgeries (and many are this way because one does not have to be board certified,) that go wrong. When it goes wrong, it's time for corrective surgery and that makes things WORSE more often than not.

Years ago, a woman had one face lift at about 50 to 55, and it was subtle. This lasted them all of their lives and that was that. It was common among those in the public eye and wealthy women. It was called the "polite face lift." Now, it's pick and choose what you want until you end up with out a nose, like some we see!

Not for me. Again, I say: Age can be beautiful, wrinkles and all.

Dancer9

#152044 - 06/25/08 07:28 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Meredith, According to the New York Times, those with disposable income are dropping their surgery and spending money on more non-invasive surgeries. It has to do with a recession hitting the six-figure income people.

I, too, have been surrounded by those who indulge and still am. It is as bad as you say, no doubt.

But, the top surgeons report a severe drop in business these days and that is good, because of the reasons you sight: There are those who could use the money to eat!

Dancer

#152045 - 06/25/08 07:42 PM Re: Plastic Surgery News and discussion [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Botox is starting to be used here for bladder problems..urologists do this when all medical
assistance for incontinence fails using pills.
Mountaina ash

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved