The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#121772 - 06/20/07 06:04 PM Clueless!
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Does anyone else have trouble shopping for clothes? I don't really like shopping for myself. But this morning I decided I need to go look for some nice summer tops and pants. E-gads! Everything looks so small.....and made of spandex. I am soooo clueless on what looks good on me anymore. I have no fashion sense. I went to the book store and came home with a book instead!

#121773 - 06/20/07 06:13 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: Cookie]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cookie...I usually end up with shoes! It is funny how some seasons I love every thing and some...nothing! I haven't shopped much this year...so I am clueless!

#121774 - 06/20/07 06:18 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
And you know what they have for summer now in London? '60's fashion, as in big prints, and those little jackets like Jackie O and A Hepburn wore. Really cute but I wish I had the body and of the age where I could wear them!

#121775 - 06/20/07 06:56 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

There are many smock like tops here just now. They are just over the wearers bottom.(Mostly for youngers women I think) They are worn with footless tights.
Also dresses like I wore in the sixties..wish I had kept mine.
Thing is I do not see any of these to suit me...looks like I will have to pass this season.
Despite that I would like to try on one of these smocks...
Is this fashion over the big pond too?
Mountain ash

#121776 - 06/20/07 06:57 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: Lola]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have a strong sense of style and what looks good on me. However, like Jane, there are some seasons where I love the styles, and others when I hate everything. I would never buy anything just because it's in style. Tube tops? Low-rider jeans? *GAG* -- not that I'm saying no one should wear them -- just that I really, really, really shouldn't go there!

This said and done -- I work in a fashion-related capacity. Even though I consider myself primarily an artist, I sell jewelry directly to the public and am always getting people who want me to help them choose something. Luckily, I have a great eye for color and form. My customers know I don't lie -- if they ask my opinion, they get it. If an item is not the best choice for themself or an outfit, I say so.

You need to go shopping with someone like me -- a brutally honest friend who can look at you and the clothes, and know what works and what doesn't.

I wouldn't rely on most store salespeople, who will tell you that everything looks great so they can make a sale.

Poet and essayist

#121777 - 06/20/07 07:25 PM Re: Clueless! [Re: meredithbead]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I need cotton in the summer. Stuff that breaths. Spandex & polyester always feels hot to me. Maybe it is my age.

Besides the spandex tops, I see allot of blouses that look like maternity tops. They are high waisted (baby doll looking)that tie at the back. Now I suppose I can wear those, but I would look pregnant. Not really a look I am going for at 51.

Tube tops! I never could wear those even when I was younger. My boobs were not tube top friendly! Low rider jeans....never. I don't like my underwear being higher than my pants!

#121778 - 06/21/07 12:52 AM Re: Clueless! [Re: Cookie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Yeah, I'm passing all those pregnancy looks too this season! Not flattering, unless you're really skinny.

Poet and essayist

#121779 - 06/21/07 12:57 AM Re: Clueless! [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Where have allllll the muu muu's goneeeeee....

#121780 - 06/21/07 01:17 AM Re: Clueless! [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

The ones with Ela..a..a..ssticcccc....(snap)

#121781 - 06/21/07 01:34 AM Re: Clueless! [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I bought a pair of low-rider jeans - one of the nicest looking pair of jeans I've ever found. They fit perfectly (and how rare is that), BUT, they feel like they're going to fall down any minute (because I'm not used to them riding so low), so I spend all my time pulling them up. Such a nuisance. Sigh. Hubby thinks they look sexy on me (and how rare is that), except when I keep tugging on them.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved