The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 214 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#131064 - 11/05/07 08:47 PM What online business groups do you belong to?
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
For those of you who are entrepreneurs, which online business forums and groups do you belong to? Also, which associtions and conferences to you attend? Thanks!

#131065 - 11/05/07 09:18 PM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: Casey]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I tried Konnects but with no luck yet. Being a brand new business owner, I'll be most interested in what others have to say, especially positive recommendations.

#131066 - 11/06/07 10:33 PM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Casey, I'd love to belong to other forums, but rarely have the time due to the time invested here. However, I will occasionally use the forums for software products I use for the association, etc.

#131067 - 11/07/07 08:24 PM Re: What online business groups do you belong to?
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm bringing this to the forefront again just to see if we can get some participation....very interesting!

#131068 - 11/07/07 09:00 PM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
http://www.solo-e.com is undoubtedly one of my fav's...I would have to sit and think to remember ALL. But this one, along with Karen Greenstreet's site, www.PassionForBusiness.com have proven themselves to be of great value to me, as a solo-preneur.

Societies? Let's see...there's the National Association of Moat Owners, the Fluffy Anonomous, th----whattt?

#131069 - 11/08/07 04:40 PM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: jawjaw]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
These are great JJ! Thank you?

I think I qualify for Fluffy Anonymous...my name is Casey and I am a recovering Fluffy addict. I have over 20 stuffed bears in my house, not to mention the gorilla...and I'm trying to wean myself from purchasing more...but who knows who will appear under the Christmas tree????

#131070 - 11/08/07 09:43 PM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: Casey]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I spend a good deal of time here in BWS, it is my favorite past time when not too busy...

I am the the Moderator of:
www.authorsociety.proboards103.com/index.cgi?

A contributor to: storycrafters, myspace, Book Marketing Network, Published Authors, HWG Forum, Bebo.com, Mystery Writers, Feed Blitz. Book Place...others are PETA, ASPCA, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary...

Edited by chatty lady (11/08/07 09:45 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#131071 - 11/09/07 12:45 AM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: Casey]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I belong to a site that you need to be invited to join for people who are entertainers or producers, directors, artists, etc...
It's very private because of the press but it's a good place to be if you are laying low and avoiding press but want to say something or tell people about something going on that affects all of us or could affect us. It's hard to explain but it's a site for people who can't join some forums because they need to stay under the radar and the press can exploit anything they say.
I have to go back there when I work a lot because touring from city to city and giving interviews can make me nervous about posting on a public forum.
As I come out of my illness, I'm nervous about that more and more and I only post here...
I feel I'm "safe," here until I put something else out in the public and then I'll see how I feel here. I probably will feel "safe," but the difference will be that I am now doing interviews which I avoided when my children were living with me. I had to lay very low because of the "fame," aspect taking away your personal life. I avoided interviews and only did a few. Now, I'm open to them and have turned up on the front page of the business section of my Sunday paper not long ago already.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#131072 - 11/09/07 01:01 AM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well duh? I'm a member of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women! LOL! How could I forget?

#131073 - 11/09/07 01:02 AM Re: What online business groups do you belong to? [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Duh, oh yes, Jaw Jaw, so am I!
dancer, LOL

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved