The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#132141 - 11/17/07 02:26 AM Need advice for business cards
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I've been putting off getting business cards because I don't have a cell phone and can't afford an added expense. Card holders have tripled in price and that's the added expense. Is it okay just to have web and blog addresses and not have a phone number on a business card? I don't feel comfortable putting my home phone on the cards. Waddyathink?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#132142 - 11/17/07 03:23 PM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: Saundra]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
I think it's okay not to put a phone number these days because so many people use the internet anyway as a contact point. Also when you say card holders, do you mean the plastic devices you put on a desk top or store counter? I have found them at Quill.com for about $3 each. I'm not sure that's what you are referring to.
Hope it's a great weekend,
G

#132143 - 11/17/07 06:28 PM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: mscoach]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe

Saundra, if you mean cards referring to your book, putting your phone number on them would take away a needed professional distance. It looks a lot better without your number.

#132144 - 11/17/07 10:56 PM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So Saundra use your website instead...Check out this place for cards, they are really professional and reasonable as well: Call 1-800-358-7999 for a catalog or go to:
www.colorfulimages.com

Also Sprint has an inexpensive cell phone plan, its $7.00 per month for their service, nothing free, and each call is .05 cents per minute. Thats a good cheap plan.

I found one ever better with Sprint called the "free and clear" plan. I pay $1.75 cents per month, (YEP, not kidding) All minutes include long distance, 300 anytime minutes, 1000 night and weekend minutes, nights start at 9:00 PM, caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling, and voicemail. Additional anytime minutes are .45 cents per minute. But I have never gone over the "free minutes" yet. I did buy a cell phone as I had none. But they have all prices there too.

Edited by chatty lady (11/17/07 11:09 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#132145 - 11/17/07 11:05 PM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: chatty lady]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Saundra,
Thought you might like to check this out too...
Free Business Cards. http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?xnav=top&GP=11%2F17%2F2007+6%3A04%3A27+PM
I had some done, and they were very good. Only drawback is they put their own advertising on the back. But if you don't mind that, I can highly reccommmend their service.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#132146 - 11/18/07 12:34 AM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: SharonE]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Thank you, ladies. I'm going forward without a phone number on my business cards. Yes, the cards are for my book. Yes, the plastic holders are to hold the cards in the few stores and offices that will accept them. Thanks, mscoach, I'll check out quill.com.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#132147 - 11/18/07 01:23 AM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Make sure you put an email address too. Also, consider putting something on the back of the card too.

#132148 - 12/29/07 09:31 AM Re: Need advice for business cards
ElevatingYourBusiness Offline

Loc: USA
Yes, put a phone number or don't bother with the cards.

Yes, put only 1 website on the card, the other one should
be on your website for them to click on.

Yes, don't create cards in MS Publisher or MS Word or do them yourself.

Staples can do plain black/white cards 1000 for $25. or so. They're much better than using clip art on cards and they
look professional.

I also use the resources at http://www.TheResourceQueen.com look under graphics. Lots of good resources, from free to low cost - for business cards, logo's etc.

If you use vista print, don't get a picture on it. Most of us know those pictures already and know it's really not your logo. Also pay for the cards, don't order the free ones. Otherwise the back of the card markets vista print and your card doesn't portray "professional".

Only use a domain email address on your card -- no hotmail, netzero, yahoo or aol accounts on it.

I buy card holders at Office Depot or Staples for 99c each.

I put my home phone on my cards for a few years. However, that phone always had a voice message that sounded like they'd reached a business phone.

You don't need a cell phone. Can you get another phone number at home? You can do so w/o getting another phone. I forget what it's called, but you get a phone number that hunts to your home phone. Has a different ring. Last I checked a few years ago it was $15 a month.

And you can get an 800# that hunts/forwards to your home phone too.

Lots of options

We help independent and fee-based financial advisors find simpler ways to grow personally and professionally.

http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

#132149 - 12/30/07 04:24 PM Re: Need advice for business cards [Re: ElevatingYourBusiness]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
MAria, thansk for all the great advice.

One of the things that's so important when beginning a business is not cutting corners when it comes to branding yourself.

#132150 - 12/31/07 01:31 AM Re: Need advice for business cards
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, my cell phone bill is over a hundred dollars. I don't understand how you can get it so cheap. I get sick and tired of feeding the phone companies. Dotsie, what company made the bookmarks for BWS? Saundra, you might consider bookmarks with your book logo on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved