The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85009 - 08/11/06 11:50 PM He's Back
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
It's been a little quite around my home. I was beginning to think my son had finally gotten tired of "hanging around" and had moved on, but the other day he let me know that he's back

For those who may not know - Robert was 23 when he died on August 27, 2001. He visited many times over the past years - usually in some sort of yellow butterfly image - but like I said, he's been quiet the past year.

Then my other son, DIL and grandbeauty moved to North Carolina a few weeks ago. I told Rob I wanted him to go with his brother and watch over his family. I knew he had because all of a sudden I couldnt find parking spaces right up front at the stores - to name a few things. Then the fun began

Monday I took my truck in to have service work done and they gave me a rental car. Everything was just fine with the car Monday and Tuesday but then early Wednesday morning,when I checked my email, there was a heartfelt email from my DIL (I think she missed us a tad) and on my way to work I was "talking to her" - giving all my words of wisdom to the windshield and a block from work the radio came on -- all by itself -- and not only came on by itself but it was on one of those talk shows telling people to call in about their separation anxiety and missing the kids (it was the first day back to school) and how everything would be okay. I chuckled and told Robert thanks for letting me hear from him again and I knew he was with the kids. Then just before I left work that afternoon I got a call from my sister-in-law (she lives with us) that they were rushing her to ICU from the doctors office via ambulance. I told her I was on my way and off I went. About a block from the hospital I said a little prayer and then asked Robert to watch over her and you guessed it - the radio came back on Now this hadn't happened Monday or Tuesday nor yesterday or today -- just Wednesday.

I told my DIL about this, as Robert has kept in touch with her also, and she told me about another story that had happened to them also. They were leaving the store and they always get my grandbeauty one of those "toys" in the machines in front of the store. They only had 1 quarter so Belle had to decide which toy she wanted - from the "alien" machine or the ring machine - she went back and forth trying to decide (she's 3 yrs old) and finally decided on the alien toy -- so in went the quarter -- and as they pulled the toy out - my DIL looked up and there sitting on top of the ring machine was -- yupper -- a yellow butterfly ring (oh yea -- guess who's also getting front row parking space now)

anyway -- I just wanted to share my story

#85010 - 08/12/06 12:03 AM Re: He's Back [Re: lionspaaw]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oh Lion, I had a wonderful time reading your post. Thank you for taking the time to share. I am a believer...
But...You didn't tell us about your DIL and the hospital. Is everything Okay? Saying a prayer for her anyhow.
Keep sharing about Robert with us. It is so refreshing and sweet.
luv
chick

#85011 - 08/12/06 12:30 AM Re: He's Back [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lion, I love these stories. And it's always such a joy to hear your voice.

I'm an avid believer that our loved ones enjoy keeping that connection alive, often in a new and fun way. I've definitely been noticing more "Mom-moments" recently, since my brother was diagnosed with cancer - in my fear I've been crying out to her for help, and I can definitely "feel" her presence these days. Little things, but I know they're her way of touching me with her strength and love.

(Maya Angelou)

#85012 - 08/12/06 12:30 AM Re: He's Back [Re: chickadee]
lionspaaw Offline

My sister in law has a family inherited kidney disease and has been on dialysis for about 4 years (she's 47). This has taken my husband's mother, 3 aunts, a brother and his older sister. His other sister (who lives in California) is also on dialysis. One nephew has already had a transplant (in his 30's) and another nephew has been fighting a losing battle for the last few years. My husband is the only one of 5 children that doesnt have the illness.

Joni had a series of heart attacks about a year ago and had to stop work so she moved in with us. Her heart and lungs are only working at about 24-35% capacity and it's hard for her to fight off infections. She "caught" something and was running a fever for the past day or two -- Wednesday her blood pressure was 73/50 at the doc's office so they called the ambulance and rushed her straight to ICU.

She's doing much better and her pressure is up. They gave her 3 pints of blood yesterday so her color is back a little. I would imagine they will keep her thru the weekend at least.

This is such a terrible illness, and August is a rough month anyway for my husband, since in August 2001 he lost his older brother (he was 58) then two weeks later his older sister (she was 60) and then a few days later our son (un-related causes) and now his baby sister is in the hospital --- of course you know what's going on in the back of his mind

but thank you for asking about her -- and I know your prayers help

#85013 - 08/12/06 12:34 AM Re: He's Back [Re: lionspaaw]
lionspaaw Offline

Eagle Heart - I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your brother. I haven't been in the forum much lately and wasn't aware of it

but I'm so glad your having "mom-moments" It's such a peaceful feeling -- knowing they're still here with us during these times

(((((( HUGS ))))))

#85014 - 08/12/06 01:14 AM Re: He's Back [Re: lionspaaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lion, thanks for your thoughts and hugs. I'm so sorry to hear about family's losses. I'll keep your husband and you and your whole family in my heart-prayers, right here alongside my brother.

(Maya Angelou)

#85015 - 08/12/06 11:28 PM Re: He's Back [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lionspaaw, great to hear from you again! I had been wondering how your life was going.

Because of his illness, Robert couldn't always summon the clarity he needed in life. However, once he shed his body and the chemical imbalances that plagued him, his soul became clear as a bell. (Actually, it always was, but he was unable to express it.)

That's why he still hangs around -- to say, Hi, this is the "me" you always knew was there.

Poet and essayist

#85016 - 08/13/06 05:28 PM Re: He's Back [Re: meredithbead]
lionspaaw Offline

I completely agree Meredith

and just for those poo phaa'ers - I still have the rental car and the radio has yet to turn back on

#85017 - 08/13/06 10:39 PM Re: He's Back [Re: lionspaaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I believe whole heartedly in our loved ones coming back into our lives when we need them most. I believe they simply move to another dimension, not in our sight but we know when they are near.

Edited by chatty lady (08/13/06 10:40 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85018 - 08/16/06 09:26 AM Re: He's Back [Re: chatty lady]
lionspaaw Offline

One thing I think is interesting is how people react when you tell them something like this. I would love to have told the people at the Toyota dealership that the Camry they have is a very special "vehicle" - as it was able to allow Rob to communicate with me -- CAN YOU IMAGINE what they would have said about me behind my back Yet the same people would tell you that they believe in God and go to church every Sunday.

So why is it so hard for them to believe in an afterlife?

Isn't that what religion is all about? Believing that there's more out there than living, dying, buried and that's it.

If you can believe that there's a higher power that watches over us -- why can't you believe that there are angels and loved ones doing the same

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved