The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#157544 - 08/25/08 07:47 PM Sweet scripture....
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Proverbs 16:24

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul,
and health to the bones!

#157546 - 08/25/08 07:50 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Love it, and never would have found it to be true until I immersed myself in scripture. Proverbs are soem of my favorites.

#157644 - 08/26/08 12:52 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

I know what you mean. I've been studying scripture forever. Here's a quote I like too: "No problem is so big that it won't fit in God's hands." Author, Suzanne Berry.

#157648 - 08/26/08 01:03 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I remember one of the very first songs I ever learned was from Proverbs 17:22 - "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine".

Jabber, I love that quote...what a tender image of placing one's huge, seemingly insurmountable problems in the palm of God's hand...they look so small there and His Hand looks so big and strong and capable of taking care of anything we place there.

(Maya Angelou)

#157652 - 08/26/08 01:15 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Eagle,
I love the mental image that quote portrays, as well. The heart grows weary here on earth. Then you think about, "I will keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee." And you start to think of all that He went through on our behalf, and our problems appear smaller in comparison. Thank God for God!!!

#165806 - 11/16/08 11:26 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: jabber]
Linda Popiel Offline

Loc: Buffalo Western New York
I know the plans I have for you says the Lord plans to give you a future and a hope

#165811 - 11/16/08 11:45 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: Linda Popiel]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Linda, I don't know what prompted you to share that verse. I was sitting here, so weary, head in hand, wondering "where are You leading me, Lord? I don't know what You want from me. What am I supposed to be doing with all of this [crap that's going on in my life right now]?" And then your post pops up with this scripture. Very timely and very comforting.

It matches what I keep hearing in prayer when I bring some seemingly insurmountable, devastating and soul-wearying issues to His feet..."There's so much more going on here than you can see right now...trust Me".

Thank you for sharing, Linda. And I thank God for all this crap, because somewhere in the midst of it is that little treasure trove of learning and blessing.

(Maya Angelou)

#166491 - 11/26/08 01:38 AM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Linda Popiel Offline

I don't know why I shared that verse but God knew that you needed to hear it. may God bless you in amazing ways

#166561 - 11/26/08 11:10 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Linda Popiel Offline

Eagle heart God is the God of all hope he will never leave you or forsake you. He says Fear not for I am with you Be not dismayed for I am your God I will strengthen you Yes I will help you. I will up hold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41 verse 10 I am praying for you! Good things are ahead for you.

#166599 - 11/28/08 02:21 PM Re: Sweet scripture.... [Re: Linda Popiel]
jabber Offline

Amen, Linda. That first scripture you quoted was
from Jeremiah 29:11; and this one from Isaiah 26:3
is a goodie as well..."He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved