The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#149849 - 06/01/08 06:29 PM It ain't "just" Cascade!
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Did you know that Cascade (or any other dishwasher detergent granules) can do more than you know!

It's a GREAT degreaser and does some heavy duty cleaning. Just this morning I removed the knobs from my stove to clean. Just place them in a containerful of hot water and about 1/4 cup of your dishwasher detergent...not the liquid kind. In just SECONDS, they were degreased/de-gooked and I placed them back on after a rinse.

Other uses:

>>use 1/4 cup or so, fill a sink full of hot water and the sink will be spic and span! That goes for bathroom sinks as well as kitchen.

>>If you have linoleum flooring that gets ground-in dirt, drop about 1/4-1/2 cup in a bucketful of hot water. It cleans those floors so well with a sponge mop. Rinse with clear water 'cause it'll become cloudy or place a floor shine after you sponge mop.

>>If you have old/sticky Tupperware, fill the bowl or container with hot water and dissolve about 1/8 cup of d/w detergent. It gets the sticky out!

>>You can degrease utensils used for barbecuing etc. Stick 'em all in a skinful of hot water and some d/w detergent.

I use it for so much MORE than my dishwasher!

#149850 - 06/01/08 11:02 PM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a friend who uses it on her kid's white shirts that get bad stains on them.

Thanks for these hot tips. I have lots of things that could use a good cleaning!

#149851 - 06/02/08 08:06 AM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade!
Mountain Ash Offline

I dont have a dishwasher so dont know Cascade.But her we have Ariel a biloligal washing powder.I use a milder powder or liquid for laundry.Every so often I buy Ariel and use it as a cleaner for several things.The cooker knobs..soaking oven trays .I give the bath a soak and Ariel gently lifts any residue .My patio get one scub and slosh with the bucket of ariel.And sins of sins..if there is a pan where food has burnt on..a soak with the magic potion and its like new.
No doubt that I feel this product is good.Actually I feel its probably to harsh for my delicate clothes.
My woollens and cashmere get a gentle soap flake hand wash then a spin..So its horses for courses.
Mountain ash

edited due to spelling,,too early my hands are still asleep

Edited by Mountain Ash (06/02/08 08:09 AM)

#149852 - 06/02/08 10:25 PM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you have a lot of dirty, greasy laundry, once a week run a clear hot water wash, once the washers filled add Cascade, then turn off cycle and let sit about 15 minutes and turn on again going through the complete wash and rinse, this cleans the washer and the hoss as good as new.
Works in a birdbath too, and the kids above ground pools.

Edited by chatty lady (06/02/08 10:26 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149853 - 06/03/08 10:07 PM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: chatty lady]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Great Tips! Thanks. I haven't done deep cleaning in so long I've forgot my tips or I'd share too. LOL

#149854 - 06/06/08 02:00 PM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: Q_ball]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Q ball, good to see you in here again!

#149855 - 06/09/08 03:12 AM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade!
gims Offline

Loc: USA
So, what will get rust out?

#149856 - 06/09/08 03:21 AM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: Di]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I've been trying to get those knobs on the stove clean. I'm always afraid to scratch them by scrubbing. I will have to give this a try!

#156856 - 08/19/08 06:24 PM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: hotflashgal]
JackieG Offline

This is for "gims" - Caution: before applying what I will tell you please test on small area to make sure it won't fade or cause damage. - this is great for rust in toliet bowls, and rust on tubs, but may take a little of the shine off of tub finish if not careful - this should work on any surface, never tested it on cloth though.
"Snobowl" toliet bowl cleaner will get rust off almost anything - just test small area, then apply directly on stain several times and let it sit on stain for about 15 minutes then scrub - rust should be gone.

#156858 - 08/19/08 07:44 PM Re: It ain't "just" Cascade! [Re: JackieG]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome JackieG, and thanks for the info just for Gims, but I want to try it too. We have such hard water, and rust stains are such a chore to keep up with...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved