The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#99617 - 12/20/06 08:22 AM Frozen food tip....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
To prevent your supply of freezer staples fom turning into icy overstock (frozen foods are best when used within 6 months of purchase) write the date you buy them on the package with a permanent marker before putting them away. I also write whats inside as its easy to forget.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99618 - 12/20/06 03:56 PM Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: chatty lady]
reyro Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Thanks for the tip. I'm always losing track of what I put in the freezer and how long its been there. I'll sure give this a try because its really frustrating to pull something out only to find its been there toooooo long. I'm terrible about rotating new items with the old so this will work great for me.

Healthy Skin Care

#99619 - 12/21/06 12:50 AM Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: reyro]
Pam R. Offline

Oh Chatty, I should have had your idea a while back. I am embarrassed to say that I emptied my freezer last week to make room (I hate those side by side frig and freezers), for holiday goodies and found a package of chicken breast with a date on them that read...ready???....October 2003!!!!!! I am thinking it was a mistake!! How can that be?? I told hubby that the supermaket meat dept. must have made an error on the machine that dates the meat. He has worked in the food industry for 35 years and said that does happen at times. I tossed the chicken, of course, but I can't believe it could actually have been in my freezer for 3 years!! Time to date my zip locks and be sure!

#99620 - 12/21/06 03:22 AM Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: Pam R.]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Chatty, thanks! I love how the plastic zip bags have
a space where you can write in the date and contents : )
I am a fanatic about them so we get them by the case.
Cindy

#99621 - 12/21/06 01:29 PM Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam R., I also have a side-by-side freezer/fridge and can't stand it. Never again!

Here's my frozen food tip. My daughter had all four wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. Bags of frozen peas make the best ice packs. They mold to the shape of the face/injury without being all big and chunky like ice cubes.

#99622 - 12/21/06 06:41 PM Re: Frozen food tip....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats so true Dotsie and you can still eat the peas....

Funny story: I have had a bad back tooth for eons now, no pain due to the Oil of Clove I put on it but the root was apparently dead. It was beginning to feel loose and I vowed that after the holidays it would be off to the torturer, oops meant to say dentist...Yesterday I awoke and went about my business and all of a sudden my tongue noticed that the tooth wasn't there, gone, the gum was completely smooth and there was no evidence a tooth was ever there. My friend told me on the phone later that day that I probably swallowed it in the night and it would come out in the end. Well that may be true and I just hope it doesn't bite me in the butt on its way out!!!

Edited by chatty lady (12/21/06 06:44 PM)

#99623 - 12/21/06 07:36 PM Cute 'n funny...Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Reyro you're a cutie. Chatty that's a funny story about your tooth being gone and hopin' it doesn' bite you on the way out!!! You're a trip, my dear!!!

#99624 - 12/21/06 11:42 PM Cute 'n funny...Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
chatty

what if it stayes in....spooky

Did the tooth fairy leave you any monie ???? if not you'v been short changed..

celtic_flame

#99625 - 12/22/06 09:45 AM Cute 'n funny...Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope Celtic, not one thin dime but of course I had no tooth to exchange for money. If it stays in or comes out, I'll never know I guess.

#99626 - 12/22/06 10:03 AM Cute 'n funny...Re: Frozen food tip.... [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
It might be helpful if your constipated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved