The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77654 - 05/08/06 02:19 AM TIPS we all can use.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
BLACK SCUFF MARKS: on any floor can be instantly wiped away with a small amount of baby oil or petroleum jelly on a cleaning rag. Afterwards, be sure to wipe te floor thoroughly with a spray cleaner, or it will have a slippery spot.

TO REMOVE GUM: from leather, just put a dab of peanut butter on the gum. In a bit, the gum will peel right off.

BAKING SODA: mixed with ground cinnamon or cloves makes a great carpet freshener.

DRYER SOFTENER SHEETS: are excellent to use to wipe your TV screen.

TO CLEAN PEWTER: rub the item with the outer leaves of a head of cabbage. Then buff with a soft cloth, strange but true!!

TO CLEAN MINI BLINDS: or slatsof shutters, use a clean paintbrush. It's a lot cheaper than buying expensive blind cleaning tools.

MAKE WINDOW CLEANER: by mixing equal parts of vinegar, ammonia and water. Put in a spray bottle, squirt on window and wipe with newspaper or towels.

FILL A PAINT ROLLER: with your favorite wall washing solution and use a clean paint roller to wash your walls. Rinse with clear water. It goes much faster than sponging.

USE A SMALL: brush-type air roller to clean radiators. Stick a pencil into the brush, making a handle and it's a wonderful brush for hard to clean places.

#77655 - 05/08/06 03:29 AM Re: TIPS we all can use.
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Great tips Chatty. Here are some of my favs.

To remove all the tomato 'paste' from a can, open top end first. Open bottom end and it will slide out without leaving any in the can. Remove lids by sliding them to the side of paste.

Use a square piece of the new plastic shelf liners to open bottle caps.

Buy a set of head phones or one of those new ear phones. Chat with your family and friends while you do housework. Don't hang up until you're done.

Use your favorite perfumed cream on a used fabric softener sheet. Rub and roll it in your perfumed hands til all cream is absorbed. Use it to make your clothing smell nice.
chick

#77656 - 05/08/06 10:59 PM Re: TIPS we all can use.
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Great tips ladies,
Chick, I use your tomato paste trick to get my jellied cranberry sauce out of the can. Funny I never even thought to use it for anything else. [Smile]

#77657 - 05/08/06 11:10 PM Re: TIPS we all can use.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, my mom used that window cleaning solution and newspaper to clean windows. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it hard to windows spotless. I think the paper twoels or cleaning cloths have some kind of film on tham that promotes streaks!

I often use a fabric cleaner sheet in the bottom of our trash can in the basement bathroom. It smells so good.

#77658 - 05/09/06 12:38 AM Re: TIPS we all can use.
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,
My mother cleaned her windows with vinager water and Spick and Span for the woodwork and I use that today for woodwork . How you tried cheese cloth to lean or old rag or tee shirts ? Just some thoughts

Renee

#77659 - 05/09/06 12:47 AM Re: TIPS we all can use.
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
If you have to clean a window when it's cold outside add rubbing alchohol to the window spray cleaner. If it is below freezing and you have to clean an outside window us rubbing alchohol straight. You won't believe how they sparkle!

The rubbing alchohol keeps window from getting a freezing glaze on it while you are cleaning. You can use this recipe in the summer too.

I know, I know, who would ever clean a window when it's below freezing! But I've had to, (cleaning business) you never know someday you might need that tidbit!

#77660 - 05/10/06 04:27 PM Re: TIPS we all can use.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

starting over, does adding rubbing alcohol to other window cleaners help with the streaking?

#77661 - 05/10/06 08:25 PM Re: TIPS we all can use.
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Yes, I have added alcohol to windex and it helps. I think it speeds the evaporation/drying process. Somehow there are less streaks and more sparkle.

#77662 - 05/12/06 12:12 AM Re: TIPS we all can use.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ahha, I will give this a try. Thank you.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved