The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77560 - 01/05/06 11:13 PM Helpful Hint-A Gift is a Gift
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
I'd like to offer this tip, for all Boomer women...

A Gift is a Gift

'But there never seems to be enough time,
to do the things you want to do,
once you find them.'
~Time in a Bottle~
~Jim Croce~

There are those who think it one of Life's cruelest little pranks, when we are allowed to discover some talent, some latent spark of inner creativity, later, rather than early, in our lives. These individuals believe such discoveries should be made long before we shoulder responsibilities, accept certain life-roles, and more or less, limit ourselves. They believe such gifts should come to us, and be recognized by us, and enjoyed only in our youth, that we might then arrange our lives about them, giving us the luxury of creating the perfect atmosphere for them to grow, and thrive.

Yet, what if, at some more advanced age, at some seemingly inopportune time of life, such a talent, such creativity should, of a sudden, be revealed to you for the first time? Or, if such, having finally battled its way to the very forefront of your consciousness, demands your acknowledgement, what then is to be done? Should you, in outrage, turn your back on such, ignoring it for its late arrival, its inability to claim your full attention heretofore? Should you mourn the fact the realization of this talent, this creativity comes so late in life?

There are many who do exactly this, believing that age somehow tarnishes the beauty and wonder of the gifts. Not so, my friends, not so. Often age is the very catalyst that has allowed the talent, the creativity to come full to us, revealing to us, in our maturity, far more than could have been revealed to, and understood, and appreciated by, our younger selves. Never refrain from giving yourself permission to revel in your talent. Never refrain from giving free reign to the creativity that lives within you. Never diminish, or banish the gifts, by speaking such phrases as,

'Oh, I'm too old for that now.'

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#77561 - 01/06/06 02:07 AM Re: Helpful Hint-A Gift is a Gift
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yep Jeannine is so right on and there are Authors in their 80's still going strong. I am a firm believer that the mind like all other organs in the body are kept sharp with exercise...so exercise those minds and do whatever comes natural not being bothered or tethered by age. Who can name someone people were amazed at because of the talent shown at their advanced age. George Burns comes to mind at 99 he appeared in Vegas and he still had it...

[ January 05, 2006, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77562 - 01/07/06 01:48 AM Re: Helpful Hint-A Gift is a Gift
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I'll add to this--my dear friend (who is in her seventies) has been journaling for years but nothing more. One day, out of the blue, her mind was filled with the words to a worship song--including the music--she doesn't know how to play an instrument. Shortly thereafter, God moved her to share some of her journal entries in the form of a devotional for a ladies group.

In very short order she was rubbing elbows with an agent, she shared the devotional and some of her incredible story of survival and landed the agent! She is now working on taking those years of hournaling and putting them into a devotional/story for those in long term recovery AND God has given her 12 more songs-with music. All different!

She was too shy to share this info so I told the music leader at church who sat down with her to review her pieces. He says they are incredible and he is going to begin writing down the tunes as she hums/sings to him so the whole church can begin to learn them!!!

God uses willing vessels at any age--the more flawed the better! PTL! [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved