The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100866 - 12/30/06 01:37 PM Invitation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I found myself browsing the Our Voices pages at BWS this morning while looking for a specific story that might help someone. I was reminded of all the unbelievable stories that are included there.

I invite everyone to browse that part of the site and to read those stories that might click with something you are experiencing at this point in your life. I think you'll be amazed. There are so very many that I can relate to. How about you?

#100867 - 02/07/07 10:56 PM Re: Invitation
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, I could spend a lot of time reading the stories there. Be prepared. One minute you're laughing, the next your all teary eyed.

chick

#100868 - 02/07/07 11:20 PM Re: Invitation [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You are so right, Chick. I try to read the stories at least once a month, but find myself drawn back a bit more often.

#100869 - 02/09/07 03:51 PM Re: Invitation [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chick, I just love them. It's such a testimony to boomer women. My original idea was to publish a book with those stories but it never sold becasue none of us were rich and famous. I'd buy a book of stories about the everyday boomer woman any day. What do the publishing houses know?

#100870 - 02/09/07 04:57 PM Re: Invitation
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie,
I always wondered why you never published that book.
Well we'll just have to show those publishing houses a thing or two. We'll just all have to get rich and famous and then not let them publish that book!!!!! So there!

#100871 - 02/09/07 08:35 PM Re: Invitation [Re: TVC15]
chickadee Offline

Maybe we can co-op our own book? We'd be the first wouldn't we? Wouldn't that make the news?

How much would it cost per boomer? Sister can you spare a dime?

Hey, my X brother in law is a book and bible printer. I wonder what he'd charge?

I am not that familiar with all of this so i'm throwing out this stuff totally unaware.

Chicken soup guy wasn't chicken and self published right? He wasn't famous at the time. Was he rich?

Dotsie, maybe it just isn't the right time. It might be right around the corner.

ramblin chick

#100872 - 02/09/07 08:45 PM Re: Invitation [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I can spare a or two.

#100873 - 02/09/07 08:56 PM Re: Invitation [Re: gims]
chickadee Offline

Thats 4 bucks from me and the gimster. This thing could snowball.

chick

#100874 - 02/09/07 10:21 PM Re: Invitation [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You gals are too much.

Chick, I'm a firm believer in timing is everything so I am not bothered by it. I have tons of other things to focus on right now. Thank God.

#100875 - 02/09/07 11:54 PM Re: Invitation
chickadee Offline

We know Dotsie. We're just playing around, Gimster and I. When the time is right it will happen. Can't rush a great thing.

chick
ps Gimster and I have too much time on our hands today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved