The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#194457 - 11/23/09 07:33 PM Windows Vista or HP?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have the new HP TouchSmart PC, which is amazing but I've blown two hard drives in less than eight months. The Window Vista program continues to shut itself down. I'm wondering if the two are connected to the problem?

Any of you computer smart women here have any input?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#194461 - 11/23/09 08:14 PM Re: Windows Vista or HP? [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
have you contacted the store where you bought it? I'd either take it back or contact HP to see if there is a known problem between that particular model and Vista. My bet is that it's one of the cards (sound or video most likely), maybe the drivers need to be updated. Or it could be a virus (do you have a good anti-virus that's up-to-date? Or did it expire...most anti-virus programs that come with the PC are only good for 3 months, then you have to pay to renew the subscription).

Without seeing it firsthand, it's hard to tell what's causing the problem. If it's only 8 months old, you ought to be able to take it back or get some sort of tech support for it.

(Maya Angelou)

#194469 - 11/23/09 11:57 PM Re: Windows Vista or HP? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
All I can say is the day Windows 7 came out, we went out and bought three copies - one for each computer - and had the geek squad intall it. Guess what - no problems so far!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#194508 - 11/24/09 05:08 PM Re: Windows Vista or HP? [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Yes, I've had it back to the store and they replaced both hard drives for free but I also lost all of my photos (I know, back up somewhere!) and it gets old having to revert to my laptop while they fix "their" problem and since the economy sucks, Best Buy now sends almost all of their work to the manufacturer and it takes weeks before you get your PC back.

All security is up to date and I also update automatically for any hardware during the night, every night. I guess it could be the Vista so I'll go buy the 7. What a pain.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved