The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 83 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#153593 - 07/15/08 10:55 PM Movie maker
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Has anyone worked with Windows Movie Maker? I'm having some problems and if anyone can help me I'd sure appreciate it. I'm not having much luck getting microsoft's help without paying big bucks.
Thanks.

#153594 - 07/16/08 11:24 PM Re: Movie maker [Re: Dee]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Dee, I've used it but it's been such a long time ago. Seems to me it's a rather buggy program. Not sure what you're attempting to do (digitize old VCR tapes, or making a film from some Powerpoint slides, making an instructional thing??)

I do *some* of online movie-like instructional materials for technical education as part of my work as a tech comm writer/editor. But I now use Adobe's Captivate. You can drop me a PM and I can try to help you.

#153595 - 07/17/08 06:26 AM Re: Movie maker [Re: keyholes]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Funny you should post this Dee. I am having problems with the Movie Maker as well. Now I loaded my video on Quick Time, and that works. You can download Quick Time for free. Other than that I use the Majix program, which I just love. You can be soooo creative.

#153596 - 07/17/08 03:49 PM Re: Movie maker [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Windows has a movie maker? Apparently I know NOTHING about it...LOL!

#153597 - 07/17/08 09:42 PM Re: Movie maker [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

If you look at my myspace page you'll see two videos I made on my computer using movie maker. I found a movie maker web site where computer geeks will answer questions about movie maker...I was shocked to see how many problems surround movie maker.
Edelweiss...I've never taken video and tried to use it...I have been using photo's that I download from a file and insert them into the movie maker film slots...I absolutely love this program but cannot for the life of me figure out why I'm having this one problem. UGH!!!

JJ...I was surprised, too, to find out about the MM. My step-son showed me two years ago how to use it and I've been hooked ever since.

Keyhole...thanks sweetie...I will PM you.

#153598 - 07/18/08 12:05 AM Re: Movie maker [Re: Dee]
keyholes Offline

I replied.

I truly have heartburn with several of Mickeysoft's products and I AM one of THOSE geeks...arghghgh!! LOL

Dee, I had to edit. I just jumped over to your Myspace. Your movie looks great (I'm thinking it's the one with the church?) I never took the time to build a blog or something like that, although I have a LinkedIn profile/page. I guess I never thought the life of a single tech writer was too interesting. Also I loved the picture of the cat with the helmet LOL...I feel like that cat many many days at work LOL.

Edited by keyholes (07/18/08 12:09 AM)

#153599 - 07/18/08 06:13 AM Re: Movie maker [Re: keyholes]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
keyhole you are one of those geeks?!That's great! Maybe you can answer a question for me too! I have a slide show that I would love to post on my homepage. It is large because it's 12 minutes long, and the pictures are big. Because of all the effects it has about 600 GB. How can I diminish the size? (Sorry I don't know the technical words in English).

I'm gonna check out your blog now Dee.

#153600 - 07/18/08 11:00 AM Re: Movie maker [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
EW, I have made several slide show movies with Movie Maker. I like it, but I did have a problem when making a longer show. The short ones were fine, but I did a family one that is about 18 minutes and the show itself is fine when I play it back on the pc. It was transferring it to a DVD that I had the problem with. I also used Photostory and liked that one. My pc has a media center. I used to make my shows with that.

#153601 - 07/19/08 02:08 PM Re: Movie maker [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
keyholes, a little off topic, but I loved the photos of your camping trip. I don't blame you for not naming kids online. My youngest is 19 and I'm finally cool with posting their photos online.

#153602 - 07/19/08 05:13 PM Re: Movie maker [Re: Edelweiss]
keyholes Offline

Maybe try compressing the pictures so that they aren't so high-res? I have a cheap little tool called Snag-it that I can open pictures with and compress the file size. I think it cost me less than $40. If you do a lot of this, it may be worth it. Snag-it is a screen capture tool, but it will open photos.

Unfortunately, picture files can get really big. I get a lot of photos or pictures that I take that are high-res off cameras. We usually like them high-res because they aren't so "grainy" but that comes at the price of them eating up a lot of memory/space.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved