The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#98414 - 12/07/06 04:31 PM Software
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Speaking of software, does anyone have any suggestions for good software THAT THEY HAVE USED and recommend for:

1) Streaming video/audios, etc.
2) Organizing submissions
3) Household inventory
4) Office/Biz Tax Records
5) Books you've read (keeing track w/comments)
6) Budgets
7) Record of addresses, phones, etc...business and personal

and anything else you can think of? I don't mind spending the bucks for good software.

#98415 - 12/07/06 04:47 PM Re: Software [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
JJ, let me ask my son about the video/audio software.

For office and biz records, I have used (and still use) Microsoft Money for my personal accounts and website business accounts. I like it because you can set up more than one account on the software and it works very well.

I use QuickBooks for my retail business, but I doubt you'd need something that robust. I just need it mostly for inventory tracking, customer database, etc.

Hope that helps!
K

#98416 - 12/07/06 05:15 PM Re: Software [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thanks Kathy, I appreciate it! I'll also be very interested in hearing about his recommendations for the other.

You could also probably answer a tech question I have about teleseminars, too. After Kathleen's excellent one the other night, I decided to download it and listen to it again. She always gives a link shortly after so you can do that at your leisure.

Anyway, I did but it was all garbled. Any suggestions? I use MusicMatch and have never had any problems with other teleseminars, but every one of her I try to hear does the same thing. She uses REAL PLAYER. I also tried downloading a copy of REAL PLAYER to use instead but could never get it to work properly.

#98417 - 12/08/06 03:15 AM Re: Software [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with software but do all of you get this dang Spam that is advertising stocks? The email subject line usually says something like
"Minnie Driver" - Minnie says....and when you open it, it is about some stock they want you to invest in. I must get 100 of those a day!

Boy, would I EVER wish I could get my hands on the originator of those. Do they REALLY think we are so stupid that we would trade with them? Good grief!

I hate SPAM...detest it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved