The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#184542 - 06/18/09 06:09 PM Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash!
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I could not believe this! I called, they credited it. It was such a small amount but really! It adds up.

Why do they think they have the right (I call it consumer fraud!) to charge ME to put cash in the bank? Plus, the checking acct. gets no interest, so they make MORE on my money!!

When speaking w/the local branch Asst. Mgr., I asked her to PLEASE train the tellers to let customers know that they WILL be charged a fee for depositing X amount of $'s. I would have not deposited a certain amount had I known..then gone back the next time.

This world is getting ridiculous! (should have been a Fine Whine I suppose!)

#184545 - 06/18/09 06:19 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You have got to be kidding me? They charge you a fee for depositing cash? Am I reading that right? That is ridiculous! I agree, Fraud with a capital F!

#184546 - 06/18/09 06:27 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: jawjaw]
Di Offline

Yes, you read that correctly.

I wrote to the President, via whitehouse.gov At least I "got it out there" as I hear recently he is wanting to do something about the protection of consumers. Hope he can get somewhere.

Funny thing is, the mgr also told me they "called around' to three other banks and they are doing it.

I DON'T CARE what others are doing. I don't want to be CHARGED..or at least WARNED!

I think it's the "creative" MBA"s who are trying to get money any way they can and "dream up" these schemes.

#184548 - 06/18/09 06:39 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I totally agree...just like the car rental companies charging you a fee on top of a fee....just because. Gotta make that bottom line for the BIG BOYS...problem is, enough is never enough and they continue to move the line where they have to come up with new and more creative ways to make an extra buck. I hate it. Gosh, I'll be watching my bank. Thanks for the info.

#184564 - 06/18/09 08:01 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hey Di, thanks for telling us. The bank said "they called around" ... is that any way to establish policy???? Let's just call around.

#184567 - 06/18/09 08:07 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
How did they justify the surcharge, Di?

#184577 - 06/18/09 08:45 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Lola]
Di Offline

I have to ask them, Lola. I did think of that question AFTER I called. I, too, want to know the justification.

Yeah, the "called around" was weird. Believe me, this is not stopping here. I'll be going TO the bank...another branch.

SOMEONE's got to at least TRY to stop this!

Edited by Di (06/18/09 08:46 PM)

#184580 - 06/18/09 08:54 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
They'd surely come up with "administration fee", which is the new "stealing in broad daylight".

#184582 - 06/18/09 08:57 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Lola]
Di Offline

I just can't fathom that it might be "too much" for them to count. Heck, when I get change (for a show, like several ones etc) they use a machine to count it. Could they not do this when I deposit?

C'mon.....the more I think about this, the more irate I get!

#184583 - 06/18/09 09:22 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
Di Offline

update..I called another branch.

She says that CASH takes more processing than checks! WHAT???
That this is supposed to be disclosed at time of opening the account. (NEVER heard this!) AND, get this..she also said "well, the tellers have to COUNT it"...to that I replied....I thought they get PAID to count money! She said "YEP, they do!" She was not sympathetic..but she did say the "higher ups" don't listen to them. I asked for a contact number..and was not given one so that they can hear from a "little guy". Nope, she said. Can't call...they DO get complaints about service fees.

I'm MAD you guys!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved