The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#114959 - 04/14/07 08:40 PM Double-dipping in the dating pool.
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I work outside in a kiosk at a 5-star resort on Daytona Beach. Starbucks hires 2 older musicians to entertain the crowd every weekend. One is married, the other is single and I always talked to both of them, thought they were nice.

A couple of months ago I was talking to the single guy (divorced, ex-history teacher, WWII veteran, musician) and he asked me out. I gave him my number and he called the next day, but I didn't feel well and couldn't go out.

I was okay with that because I had already found out our lifestyles weren't compatible. I also knew he wasn't that into me because he never called back to see how I was feeling or make an effort to speak to me again at work.

I didn't know how incompatible we were until today when I was working with my 67-year old friend. When they showed up to play today she told me he had asked her out begining by telling her he was seeing "this" nurse but it wasn't going all that well. She felt like she was just something to do until the nurse thing worked out and told him he shouldn't have said that. He called her the next day and cancelled.

We laughed when we shared our stories about him today. Tomorrow we're working together on the first floor of the Shoppes where they'll play if it doesn't rain. We think we should "out" him - walk up to him and say we'd like to go to dinner tonight if it's alright with the nurse.

The old dawg was double-dipping in the dating pool with two women who work together. Guess he didn't think that through. He's not getting any Big Girl Panties from us!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#114960 - 04/15/07 10:52 AM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: Saundra]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
well you had a luckie escape , he doent sound like the brightest....or is it just arrogances and thoughtlessness from him???

#114961 - 04/15/07 12:08 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
And NOW you know why he's divorced. What a moron! I'm glad you didn't go Saundra, you deserve better treatment than that!

#114962 - 04/15/07 03:03 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, quite the casanova .... HE thinks. I think it would be a riot for the two of you to needle him a bit. Thing is, he probably woundn't get it! LOL

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#114963 - 04/15/07 04:22 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: Anno]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saundra, I've worked with a scalliwag like that b/4, too! Best thing is to laugh heartily when you think of this double dipper and simply ignore him!

#114964 - 04/15/07 04:39 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think it would be fun to rib him too. Maybe one of you could ask him out, cancel, and the other call immediately thereafter and ask him out, then cancel. Think he'd get the picture. What a hoot.

I didn't know you worked on Daytona Beach. What fun. My niece was just there with her cheerleading team. Had I known, I would have had her look for you.

Edited by Dotsie (04/15/07 04:39 PM)

#114965 - 04/15/07 05:07 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Better yet, have ALL of us call him, make a date, then cancel.

Now THAT'S tag-teaming. Am I right girls?

#114966 - 04/15/07 10:04 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: jawjaw]
Saundra Offline

Celtic, what I don't know about men could fill a book.

JJ, I love it and would cajole y'all into doing it but he doesn't give his number out, only gets them. Rascally rat!

Dotsie, the cheerleaders come here every year. The competition is held in the historic bandstand made of coquina and sand (they build a platform) behind the Ocean Walk Shoppes next door to my resort - the best natural acoustics ever and boy oh boy are they LOUD for 3-4 days! So much enery.

#114967 - 04/16/07 03:02 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool. [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh neat. This was the college kids, right? Did you see any of the competition?

Georgia, you're way too funny.

#114968 - 04/16/07 09:44 PM Re: Double-dipping in the dating pool.
Saundra Offline

High school and college. They enter, one team at a time, from Atlantic Boulevard in front of the Shoppes and march through cheering and waving pom poms to get everyone's attention. Parents and siblings filled the bleachers.

I was able to walk back and watch a few times each day. Some girls fell, got up and went on, others made no mistakes at all. It's great to see them so close up instead of on TV.

They were all winners because they made the competition. It's exciting.

The next weekend we had the Florida Science Fair. The smartest high school kids in Florida (no cracks, please) competed to go to the Nationals. It was great to see and talk to them. They work so hard and they're so smart and nice. They are our future doctors, engineers, pioneers etc. and I wanted them all to win. It was a very big deal.

And not one of them had their pants below their waists!

Edited by Saundra (04/16/07 09:45 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved