The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#200908 - 03/14/10 11:09 PM Single and loving it!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I went to a festival last night and walked around seeing the different crafts, the vendors who sold food, ate some of it and enjoyed just poking around. As I meandered through all the people there, and it was packed, I couldn't help but hear all the bickering of couples there together: like, lets go, I'm cold, or tired or bored. Also saying we've spent enough money alredy, or do you really need a $3.00 hot dog, you can make one at home. Oh, and those complaining about the music, what did they expect, it was an Irish Festival!!!
It was awful, just bicker, bicker, bitch and moan.
I never felt happier being alone with no one to answer to or have to please. I will say this though, my two husbands, God bless their souls, weren't that way and we had fun wherever we went. Many other couples there and the kids were having a ball.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200985 - 03/15/10 03:27 PM Re: Single and loving it! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Why do some people even bother to go out? I can't stand it when I go to a festival and witness parents yelling at and/or pulling their kids around by their arms. Kids don't want to look at adult crafts. Of course they want to eat and look at the kid's stuff.

#200986 - 03/15/10 05:21 PM Re: Single and loving it! [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Gosh, wouldn't it be (if not already) terrible for the children to immitate their parents! Perhaps the terrible 2s last longer than expected for some!

#200989 - 03/15/10 07:34 PM Re: Single and loving it! [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I can't stand seeing something like that either, Dotsie.

I remember going shopping with our oldest son. At that time he was two. He was crying and cranky. And maybe I looked out of sorts. I remember how a very old lady touched me on the arm and said, "I had 7 children, and the ones that cried the most turned out to be the smartest ones." It stopped me in my tracks. I was so grateful that she said that to me. I'll never forget it.

Maybe a kind word to an exhausted mom can help.

#201093 - 03/18/10 12:31 PM Re: Single and loving it! [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
So many times people forget to stay in the moment and simply enjoy. I took my kids with me everywhere I went and yes, they embarrassed me on many occasions. Inside voice? What's that? But years and years later one of my sons said to me, "Mom, you know I have many friends whose parents don't get along. You raised us. And I can really say I've never had to question whether or not I was loved."

THAT made up for all of their...ah, mishaps will out in public. Like the time my oldest, then 4, climbed upon a mannequin and the store manager came to me and demanded I remove him. I said, "That kid? Oh he's not mine." Course he looks just like me...so I had to get him. Dang...I was two seconds away from a clean get-away!

#201106 - 03/18/10 11:18 PM Re: Single and loving it! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That's funny JJ, and it reminded me of the time I took the boys shopping with me to Lane Bryant. I was in a fitting room and Mark who was four at the time, laid on the floor looking up under and into the next fitting room and loudly proclaimed, "hey mom, did you know there is a naked, fat person in here?" She must have looked down, saw him, screamed, just as I grabbed his ankle puling him away. My kids didn't act bad usually but said some embarrassing things really loudly. I think I spent at least five years of their childhood red in the face...

It's nice when your kids remember the good things and the love they got from us, you're a very lucky lady JJ.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#201155 - 03/19/10 04:16 PM Re: Single and loving it! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
That is the funniest story Chatty..Kids are so innocent..no filters...they just tell it like it is..:)

JJ...what a heartwarming sentiment from your son...I love that he was able to say that to you..so many people think nice thoughts but fail to say them aloud...that was a real gift from your son...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved