The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69373 - 11/18/04 05:19 AM Best date/worst date??
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Since we have been having so much fun with the worst gift ever thread, I thought I'd try this one.

What is the worst date you ever had? (No names here, please.) If they've all been wonderful [Roll Eyes] then how about the best date you ever had?
[Smile] Louisa

#69374 - 11/18/04 03:44 PM Re: Best date/worst date??
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
An easy one for me. I'll give you the short version.

Had a date with a guy from high school that I hadn't seen in 30+ years. A "friend" set us up. He shows up in my driveway coming to a screaching halt in a brand new corvette...I'm thinking, okay, I can deal with this. Then he opens his mouth.

He is a Viet Nam vet who lives off of disability because he claims he is shell shocked. He did everything but admit right out to me there was nothing wrong, but he loved the 5000 a month he got from the government. And...if they ever threatened to take it away, he would simply do something like poked a hole in his wall at home and they would declare him unfit, and his checks kept coming.

The first words out of his mouth when we had the date were "let's go spin some of YOUR money." I of course looked puzzled AND scared, then he said, "Well, the way I see it...you work, I don't. The government take taxes out of your check to pay ME each month, so in essence, we are spending YOUR money."

I suffered thru the B O R I N G evening with him talking on and on about himself, NEVER even asking me where I worked, or if I was a serial killer (which crossed my mind) or if I had children, nutin. Not one thing.

The next day when I he called and asked me out again, I said, "don't think so...We don't have anything in common." He was shocked and called me every name in the book except a good hunting dog...I ain't lying.

Two days later, he sent me a dozen roses apologizing, asking me to reconsider. When I said not NO, AND GO AWAY, he asked me to pay for my half of the dinner from the date. Since he had eaten HALF of my dinner that night AFTER he had eaten HIS entire dinner, and then had dessert, I asked him which half he wanted me to pay for, the half he had eaten, or the half of the half I had eaten...

I finally had to threaten to have my sons visit him to get him to leave me alone...and they would have.

This guy is brilliant, a member of Menza, and could have done anything he wanted with his life. Instead he chose to be a bum (in my estimation)

And this is the short version...there's more, but I think this will qualify me, eh?

JJ

#69375 - 11/18/04 03:50 PM Re: Best date/worst date??
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
p.s. This guy showed up, no...make that crashed, (translated means he didn't pay) my class reunion this summer. He said, "hi Georgia, remember me?" I said, "oh yeah, I sure do" and walked off. Score another one for da Queen!

He's about as useful as a bucket under a bull!

JJ

#69376 - 11/18/04 04:00 PM Re: Best date/worst date??
Louisa Offline

No wonder you're the Queen of Experiences!
Louisa

#69377 - 11/18/04 04:22 PM Re: Best date/worst date??
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I got stuck on a double date thingy with a guy who I already hated because my girlfriend wanted to date his friend. Turns out it was really a set up (by the guys) for the guy I hated, to get to me (so to speak) I was only 15 at the time but I was already tough and with a little kicking and scratching, I made it through untouched. I'm still best friends with the girlfriend (It wasn't her fault, she was hurt too when she found out the truth) but I never let myself get into a situation like that again. Live and learn!

#69378 - 11/18/04 07:54 PM Re: Best date/worst date??
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh, Lordy, Lordy...I think I've had so many I can't fine tune it down to one. Give me some time to think on this. I was wondering how many men would describe me as the most horrible date.

#69379 - 11/19/04 05:28 AM Re: Best date/worst date??
Louisa Offline

I had a date one night with a guy I met at a dance. (This was in between marriages) Not used to the dating scene again, it wasn't easy. We were to meet at a family type restaurant in a nearby town, known for it's pizza and Italian food. It was too crowded so we went to a Pizza Hut down the road a bit. When I saw him in the club, he looked older. In a better light, I discovered he was much younger than I was. We had a pizza and ginger ale. I quickly realized we had nothing in common but we were polite. When it was time to leave, he asked me if I could leave the tip as he stood and got out of the booth. I was so appalled, I didn't know how to handle this. If he couldn't afford a pizza date, he should have mentioned that earlier. Figuring that was his usual deal, I left a small token for the waiter. I hated to do it to the waiter, but I knew the waiter would think my date left the tip. That way, when he brought his next date there, he wouldn't get good service [Big Grin]
Louisa

#69380 - 11/19/04 06:12 AM Re: Best date/worst date??
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Worst date had to be with a man I thought was so handsome and sweet. We dated for about a month and one evening we went to our favorite cocktail lounge where I sang with another girlfriend to the Billy Williams quartet. Rich my date was so proud whenever I got up to sing and very attentive otherwise. This particular night I went to the ladies room and a woman followed me in and as I touched up my make-up I noticed her staring at me from the sofa she was sitting on. Didn't think a thing about it and left. I went back to the bar and sat down next to Rich and he wrapped his large arms around me as usual. The same woman sat at the other end of the L-shaped bar peering at us. I mentioned it to him and he turned to look and said, "$%^*&% *&^%$#!" and he stormed over to her and they headed for the outer lobby. I tip-toed out to see what was what and she was crying and trying to touch him and talk to him and he was telling her to go home and mind her own dam business. She left, sobbing and he turned to come back into the bar.I asked what was that all about and he politely said to me, "oh that, just my stupid exwife." After awhile I told him to excuse me a moment I had to speak to Cory, he owned Corrados the place we were at. I went into the office and waited about 15 more minutes and called Rich's home. Phyllis answered and I said, "please don't hang up and she and I talked, she cried alot and I assured her I didn't know he was married and that I would never see him again or tell him why." I went back to the bar and totally ignored him all night flirting with everyone. He pulled me aside and asked what was up and I said, "nothings up, It's just time to move on, I'm getting bored." He called many times after that but I just said, "off with the old, on to the new, got it?" Never dated a married man before or since, not my style.... [Eek!]

[ November 19, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#69381 - 11/19/04 07:25 AM Re: Best date/worst date??
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've had a few crummy dates, but most have been pretty good. Some of the best were the least expensive.
Once a guy hitchiked through a terrible snow storm to get to my house on Christmas Eve. The roads were too bad to go anywhere so we danced in the kitchen to Christmas carols. Once the same guy took me to his house where he had lit about a billion candles. It was so pretty. We danced together.
When I was recovering from cancer surgery, a guy brought a big dinner and flowers. He crawled up in bed with me and my whole family to eat it and watch a funny movie.
A guy waited til I got off work at the hospital at midnight to take me and my kids and their friends to another friend's swimming pool. We swam all night and never woke anyone up then went out for breakfast. Had a blast.
Guys have taken me flying, sailing, horseback riding, motorcycle riding, racing, on a yacht. To Europe. To Mexico. To Hawaii. Around the world. Concerts, plays, bullfights. You name it.
Best was last summer when Dan took me to a wonderful candlelit Italian restaurant. He hired the guitarist to play and sing to us and we were the last to leave. He told me he was in love with me. When they closed, we stood in the yard outside and he asked me to marry him.

I guess most of my dates have been great. I have selective remembering and select only the good stuff. I forget the rest.
smile

#69382 - 11/20/04 08:22 AM Re: Best date/worst date??
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
How could I possibly post about a terrible date after hearing your beautiful stories? Oh well, I'll do it anyway. [Big Grin]

This isn't really about a bad date...just a bad man. Dated him for several months and decided he wasn't a really nice guy and ended it, or so I thought. He stalked me for eight months. It was horrible!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved