The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68436 - 11/25/05 09:44 AM Introducing our pets...
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
...and we have FIVE dogs:

Amber Lynn, 9 1/2 hr old red-tri Australian shepherd. Love, sweet, and the alpha.

Cocoa Socks: 3 1/2 yr old Blue Heeler, one white eye, one brown, stocky, in LOVE with DH, sweet and smart. Her name comes from the fact that the bottom part of her legs look as though she ran thru cocoa powder.

Bonnie Blue: Cocoa's sister, gray/blue spotted. Strong, neurotic about her Kong ball. Now taken the low man position.

Princess Munchkin aka Munchie: 1 yr old Red Tri Aussie. Smart, alert, escape artist (opens doors and gate latches), quite the 'princess' and loves for people to recognize her beautiful-ness!

Farmer: only boy of 1 yr old. Black phantom Merle Aussie.Alert, strong, playful, funny and wiggle butt (wiggles his whole body when he's happy....which is always)

There is our brood. We LOVE our doggies who overtake our lives~

Am I allowed to post pics at all?

#68437 - 11/25/05 06:20 PM Re: Introducing our pets...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Please do! I'd love to see them.

#68438 - 11/25/05 09:27 PM Re: Introducing our pets...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Di, what a crew! I bet you don't have too many quiet times around your place. And I thought my home was noisy.

I have 1 dog, his name is Jack. Jack is an American Eskimo. He's completely white with black around the rim of his mouth so it looks like he's smiling all the time.

We also have a parrot, a Sun Conure, named Bailey. He flew into our backyard one day and decided to adopt us. Between the two of them, it makes for some noisy times around here.

Like right now. Jack is laying under my desk looking out the window (our windows go from ceiling to floor) and barking at something. (could be a squirrel, the dog next door, or leaves blowing in the yard). While Jack barks, Bailey gets in on the act by doing a shrill call (screech kinda like) and then play "barking" whenever Jack barks.

#68439 - 11/25/05 09:37 PM Re: Introducing our pets...
ladybug Offline

Love the names you chose for your dogs!

My beloved pet is a Turkish Van cat named Benny. He was a stray two and a half years ago who adopted us. It was love at first sight!

He's got very long snow white fur. He's got a bushy black tail with a white bullseye marking at the tip. He has two black tear drop spots on his forehead and a pink nose. He's got very small rounded ears and pale lime green-colored eyes. He has a very sweet, soft meow. The vet said he's about four or five years old so that means I'll have my boy a long time.

He does have all his claws but he's a strictly indoor cat now.

I love dogs too and had two before having Benny.
Pets are such a wonderful part of our lives. They make us laugh. When I get up in the morning I look forward to seeing Benny and having him talk to me.

[ November 25, 2005, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#68440 - 11/25/05 11:12 PM Re: Introducing our pets...
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have Daisy, a 2 yr old Weimaraner and my foster, Asia, a 2? (don't think so) yr old English Pointer. Daisy is a very dignified young lady and she doesn't even pass gass, but Asia more than makes up for it.

A couple of weeks ago I took them both to the groomers to get their nails clipped and while Asia and I were waiting for Daisy, the resident parrot kept say HELLO, HELLO. It totally freaked poor Asia out! he-he-he

Daisygirl

#68441 - 11/25/05 11:26 PM Re: Introducing our pets...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Speaking of parrots, I have an African Grey, Italian Greyhound and a cat.

#68442 - 11/26/05 12:00 AM Re: Introducing our pets...
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have a cockatiel named Bunny who has the run of the house when Buddy, my Old time mountain fiest is running outside chasing the wind. Bunny was kept in a bedroom,fed and watered, but not loved.I changed that with a hundred dollar bill.
Buddy was born in Nashville Tennesse and picked me when I went looking for a 'buddy' when I lived there. I don't keep them together because I think Buddy will naturally make a chomp if Bunny flaps her wings. They both have homes on my windowsill. She in her cage and Buddy in his bed. At night Buddy sleeps in an crook of my body he finds comfortable.
I adopted a scorpion but he only lived a few years. The previous owner tried to kill him by starving him to death, and then got guilty and fed him because he wouldn't die. I enjoyed having 'Scorpio' around.
The most unusual pet I owned was an abandoned seagull named Gully. He was a handful. I had to take him swimming every few days. I had to catch fish every day to feed him. He follow by walking behing me and didn't like to fly at all. He was so much fun but a big responsibility.
Anyone own any different pets?
chick

#68443 - 11/26/05 01:12 AM Re: Introducing our pets...
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We have a calico cat named Cha-Cha a/k/a the queen. She thinks she's in charge here, and she's right. My kids claim if we'd ever spoiled them the way we spoil her, they might have come to a bad end!

#68444 - 11/26/05 04:07 AM Re: Introducing our pets...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I actually am owned by two adorable fat little Yorkshire Terriers named Reeta and Rosee. I share my home however with many many fosters. The people that know me call my home Animal Haven...I like it that way....

#68445 - 11/26/05 04:13 AM Re: Introducing our pets...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Gosh Chick! Some unusual pets there! [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved