The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#63523 - 10/30/05 05:12 AM What value would YOU put on this website
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi ladies,

I was driving home from the mountains -- and this subject came to mind.

WHAT value, would YOU put on having access to this website?

I KNOW, most of you would say it is priceless! (I know I would).

BUT, if you HAD to put a dollar value, as to what this site means to you...what would you say. On a monthly basis?

Is it worth more then a venti starbucks coffie to you? (approx $4.50)

Is it worth more to you then a lunch out with a girlfriend (approx $15.00)...

Worth more then a trip to your psychatrist (or however you spell that word??!) (approx $100.00)

I would love your input!

Danita

#63524 - 10/30/05 05:58 AM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Danita, It's difficult to put a pricetag on something so close to one's heart...this place is like "home away from home", family, support group, sisterhood, a place I would not want to have to do without.

I would gladly support this site financially, but don't always have much disposable income...these days it pretty much depends on how many books I sell...but what I do have at any given time, I would gladly share to keep BWS available, I just don't know if it would be the same set amount every month.

I don't like to set an amount on such a vital piece of my life, but if I had to tell you how much I could afford, it would be in the $10-15 range (per month, keeping in mind the CDN-US exchange)...but hear me say that I believe it's worth infinitely more than that to me, far too much for me to ever be able to pay what it's worth!

#63525 - 10/30/05 06:13 AM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Danita Offline

Eagle heart,

So is it safe to say that you would give up drinking ONE nice, high end coffee a month - to help support Dots on this website? ($5.00)

The picture you painted is exactly what I was looking for. This place is priceless to us all!

This website has come with a price for Dots. It has been a labor of love, yes, but it HAS come at a finacial price!

How many boomers have joined the national assoication of baby boomer women?

http://www.nabbw.com

WE can support Dotsie, by giving up one coffee a month - and join her newest labor of love.

$50.00 - 75.00 (depending on how many boomer posts you have made) for ONE year --- AND you get a free book AND you get all kinds of discounted services.

I would just like to ralley the group to get on the nabbw website as soon as you can - and vote YES for Dotsie's newest endeavor by joining the association.

I would HIGHLY encourage you then to tell your friends about the NABBW website, and encourage THEM to join!

If this forum was to go away tomorrow (which I'm not saying it is).....where would all of us go?

Danita

#63526 - 10/30/05 07:19 AM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Princess Lenora Offline

to hell in a bucket, that's where we would go without this site!

#63527 - 10/30/05 09:42 AM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Dreamer Offline

I'm not sure asking us to put a monetary value on this site is a fair question. It sounds a little bit like there is a need for financial support to keep it going, and if that is the case, it should be presesnted as such.

At this stage of life, trying to put a value (in dollars and cents) on a wonderful place like this is like trying to put a monetary value on one of our children, or a parent, or a pet....there is no way to do that!

#63528 - 10/30/05 05:54 PM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Danita Offline

Dreamer,

If I could send everyone an email privately that uses this website I would have. I would have done this so Dots couldn't see that I was doing it.

There is a need to support this website...it is done via advertising on the main page....and now, the NABBW is another way to support the website.

I know what Dots has poured into this site and into the new one, and I want to make sure that everyone else is aware also.

Dots would never come on and do this...and I may get a scolding from her...but I have to tell you gals, I felt led to write this. It was heavy on my heart today.

I'm just saying...yes, there is a need.
And, will you help?

It IS impossible to put a pricetag on what we have here - that is what I'm saying. I'm not trying to be "unfair", just honest.

Danita

#63529 - 10/30/05 06:10 PM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
All of the friends I've made on this site has made it priceless to me.

I've joined the NABBW and it's wonderful. I also encourage all of you to join. Dotsie has poured her heart and soul into putting us all together at her own expense.

Of course I would give up a cup of coffee a day to pay for this site. I would give up lunch with a friend for this site. I might even cut back on my shoe shopping...well, let me think about that for a while. [Confused] [Razz] [Eek!]

#63530 - 10/30/05 07:05 PM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita? Come out, come out wherever you are.

You are a sweetie for mentioning this, but I feel funny about it.

Of course I would love for everyone here to join the association because I know the hearts of most of the women and realize it would add depth to the association. Also, because I beleive wholeheartedly in the associaition and what it has to offer women. I'm adding at least two more benefits November 1st. Yahoo. Lots of women ar econtacting me who wnat to add their expertise to the members. IT's very exciting.

Anyway, FYI:
Tomorrow, October 31st is the three year anniversary of BWS. Yup, three great years of connecting, encouraging, and supporting boomer women online. So...I am offering the $50.00 rate to everyone in the forums whether you have 2100 posts, or not. I am also offering itt o everyone who reads the newsletter that gets emailed tomorrow.

That's the latest, and thanks Danita...I'm blushing.

#63531 - 10/31/05 08:33 AM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Dreamer Offline

I am joining immediately!

#63532 - 10/31/05 08:36 AM Re: What value would YOU put on this website
Dreamer Offline

Danita - you did a generous and caring thing by posting this; I am just terribly literal-minded and need things said directly! Hopefully, there aren't too many people like me. You did it with class - you are a savvy lady! You weren't being unfair,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved