The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#128210 - 09/21/07 01:57 AM The nicest thing about this site:
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm very new here and I noticed right away that many people seemed to have been here for some time and many people knew each other.

When I left the only forum I every posted on, I did so because it had cliques and it was literally turning in on itself as people who did not belong were ignored and not honored. New members could not really get a "hook," there because of this. It became boring.

This site is not like that. People here have posted to me and tried to include me in discussions even though I do not know anyone and am new here. It is hard to trust a new member who has not proven themselves to be a good person and someone who may stay. As I looked for a forum I could relate to, I found some that I felt "outside," of and I didn't feel like waiting to get in, if that makes sense.

Many here have been good to me when I am new and I wanted to thank them and compliment this forum on how it treats it's new people. If you treat new members this way, a forum can grow.

It's very nice.

Best,
dancer

P.S. I still like color though. lol

"Question your privilege"

#128211 - 09/21/07 02:47 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dancer,
One of the things we've learned here is that each person comes with unique gifts, wisdom and "color" to enrich all of us.

One of the things I most love about this forum is watching people arrive here terribly wounded and then watching them slowly but surely unfolding and healing, often to the point of becoming "wounded healers" to others, speaking wondrous wisdom and compassion precisely because of their own woundedness...and sometimes leaving in order to spread their healing wings and light elsewhere.

I liken this place to the quote by Anais Nin: "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive. And it is only by this meeting that this new world is born."

(Maya Angelou)

#128212 - 09/21/07 02:51 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

PS, I'm not sure what you mean by colour...there is a place in "My Home" where you can choose from several styles (or skins). If I recall correctly, you could choose pinks, or blues, or greens...not a whole lot of choice, but a few colours in there. I use green (very soothing for me personally). Have you had a look in there to see if there are colours that would brighten up your BWS experience?

(Maya Angelou)

#128213 - 09/21/07 03:15 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dancer, I noticed from your blog that being anonymous is important to you, or that is what I perceived. I think we reveal a lot about ourselves on this site. Sometimes it isn't so pretty, and we can't take it back. It is like a relationship that keeps evolving. But what you've experienced is a whole lot of truth here. I'm not one for the welcoming committee, so I'm glad you felt welcomed. I too left a site that was important to me because it did turn in on itself, as you say. I found BWS and never looked back. You are very prolific in arts, fashion, and dance.

#128214 - 09/21/07 04:35 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dancer9, I think it is also a tribute to Dotsie and her ideals and faith as to the success of this forum. You haven't been here long enough to know, but there are some who have come in here just to stir things up...and left. There are some who come just to advertise their wares..but they too leave. There are some who come in the disguise of a boomer and they are just collecting data for books, articles, and thesis...they eventually leave as well.

Then there are those who are truly looking for friendships, kindness, warmth, a shoulder to cry on, a port in a troubled stormy life. They stay, they contribute, they heal...and they usually bring more people here; the cycle continues.

We're very happy that you found us, and even more happy that you've stayed.

#128215 - 09/21/07 09:42 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dancer
its been a pleasure getting to know you.I relate to many of the women here.Its as if I am at a gathering and people come up and speak to me.Your post about fashion made good reading.
You asked about my amber...often I feel I post and it goes into the ether wheras you came back as if we were speaking.
I have a dear friend now retired who was with Houston Ballet..he has lived the life of a dancer and now has returned to hi home town.I danced as a girl in Scotttish folk dancer and know the joy of movement.
Stay around Dancer.you brighten my world.
Mountain ash

#128216 - 09/21/07 11:20 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, thanks you for taking the time to share your feelings about BWS. It means so much. I had no idea what would evolve when I launched BWS almost five years ago. Now, I feel so blessed to have all of you in my life. God is good.

#128217 - 09/21/07 12:47 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site:
Eagle Heart Offline

Dotsie, I thank God for you everyday - even those days when I can't be here in the forum. Even then, it's impossible to leave this community behind...I carry you and everyone here in my heart wherever I go (including Budapest and Prague!) God certainly knew what He was doing when He whispered in your heart's ear all those years ago...thank you for listening, and for giving us all this wonderful place to gather and just "be" together.

(Maya Angelou)

#128218 - 09/21/07 01:18 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I am blown away by the friendliness and closeness on this site. I've perused forums for years and have never found anything like it! We're all different and state that at times but that's what makes it so good. And I so appreciate the seemingly very low tolerance for disrespect. Having only been here for a month, I'm already drawn in and addicted....checking it a million times a day when I should be working. Maybe this is just newness for me and I'll settle down after awhile. I feel like I actually know so many of the fine women here. The only thing is, when hearing so much, my heart tends to feel so heavy....not burdened....just heavy for so many. Then I pray for them. I have found such a gift in this site. And, as usual, it came at the exact right time. I often wish I had found this years ago like many of you did, but I have to trust that the timing was perfect. Thank you, Dotsie, for having this borne in your heart to reach out. We boomers are awesome, if I do say so myself!

#128219 - 09/21/07 04:38 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thank you for your kind words, Mountain Ash.
I can tell by your posts that you understand our lives, (those of a dancer.) It's nice to be understood, and rare!
Say hello to your friend. We have lived a rare life indeed!
You keep moving! Dance is magic, and if you've danced, you know that. Keep moving and all will be well in your soul.
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved