The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123326 - 07/11/07 04:21 PM Forum reminder
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Recently, we've had some activity in the forums that warrants us mentioning our policy on posting. It never hurts to reinforce our mission and guidelines and maybe this will help to clear up some questions you or others may have.

This is a free forum and to keep it that way, I sell advertising on the Boomer Women Speak homepage. This enables us to keep this site free for all women to enjoy.

If you are NOT a member of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women, http://www.nabbw.com, we have asked that you please do not come in here JUST to sell your products, books or other items. We do have people who drop in from time to time, only to try and sell their wares. This is a no-no. Please email Dotsie at dots@boomerwomenspeak.com for advertising rates and I will gladly send those to you.

Sharing what is going on in your life, your web page(s), your achievements, book releases or new publications, your goals, your families, etc..., is all welcomed and encouraged! But using the forums to harvest information for a project, just to further your sales, or to gather data for an article, book, or otherwise, is strictly against the rules.

This site is for women; thus Boomer WOMEN Speak. From time to time, men do come in here and post, but once we are aware of their presence, we ask them to leave. Wouldn't it be great if some MAN out there would start their own Boomer MEN Speak forum?

And lastly, our mission is to connect, encourage, and support one another. We hope that everyone will keep this in mind when responding to someone's post. Be kind to one another. It will reward you AND them in so many ways.

For the record, our most recent issue was with a man, posting as a woman and gathering information for a future project regarding boomers. He has been banned.

#123327 - 07/11/07 06:21 PM Re: Forum reminder
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thanks for staying on top of things, Dotsie.

#123328 - 07/12/07 01:07 AM Re: Forum reminder [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Boooooo to sneaky men, and unscrupulous women selling their wares.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123329 - 07/12/07 01:25 AM Re: Forum reminder [Re: chatty lady]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh my goodness! Who was this imposter?

#123330 - 07/12/07 05:57 PM Re: Forum reminder [Re: ]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Dots, how on earth do you manage to be over all this stuff! I take my hat off to ya and I am a bit disgusted that anyone abuses or uses this site for anything other than what it was missioned for.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123331 - 07/12/07 10:51 PM Re: Forum reminder [Re: Poppie]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Dotsie,
Sorry to hear that you have had to deal with this unpleasant side of things, and thanks for your efforts to maintain your mission and guidlines. It all makes for a wonderful forum that I am sure we all appreciate very much.

Can I also recommend nabbw.com membership. For anyone who hasn't joined but has been thinking about it... Dotsie's nabbw.com membership is great value for money and gives you so many benefits and resources. Thanks Dotsie for all your hard work!
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#123332 - 07/13/07 10:38 AM Re: Forum reminder [Re: SharonE]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Never fear our Dotsie has a few of us that weed out the bad apples from the barrel from time to time. Everyone needs to tell her or JJ if they smell a rat. Trust your instincts, they are probably right.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123333 - 07/13/07 11:58 AM Re: Forum reminder [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I don't keep these forums clean alone. I have the queen and all of you who awaken me to the stinkers who appear on rare occasion. Thanks for pitching in.

Sharon, thanks for the kind words about the membership. Want to write a testimonial for the Web site? We'll be sure to include your Web address and name with it. Just email it to me at dots@boomerwomenspeak.com if you want. Thanks.

#123334 - 07/13/07 04:04 PM Re: Forum reminder
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I'm impressed you could tell the person was a man. I don't know that I would have been able to tell the difference. Well...not in print. In real life I probably could--I hope I could.

#123335 - 07/19/07 02:32 PM Re: Forum reminder [Re: Laurel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Laurel, I'm sure there may be a few that get by us, but we try our darndest to keep this a nice and safe environment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved