The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62857 - 05/28/06 12:21 AM Boomer Products
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
We have something NEW here at BWS. We are looking into products for baby boomers that will enhance our lives in some shape, form, or fashion. We've decided to test certain products that we find and give you all the heads up on what WORKS and what DOESN'T.

Recently, Florence Halstead, www.ezbookclip.com, was kind enough to send me two EZ Book Clips to try. Her web page is http://www.ezbookclip.com and she is a dear! Also, if I'm not mistaken, she is a new member here. Florence? Yuhoooo! Pop in and tell the girls all about yourself, won't you?

When I received her EZ Book Clips in the mail, I immediately ran back to the office (where my books are located) and began testing it. I pulled large books, small ones, and had a great time trying out the product.

Here are some of my thoughts on the EZ Book Clip (which I've sent to Florence already)

1. There were two clips enclosed. One seemed to have a heavier coating (green) than the other (gold). I liked the "green" clip much better than the gold. The ends of the green clip were not as rough and didn't feel like a threat to the books as it was going in. (see her web site for viewing of the clip and how it works) I felt the ends of the gold one I have was too rough on the pages when inserting, but the green wasn't.

2. The green is still my favorite as far as holding the pages. Hands down. (no pun intended). It held the pages open better and took less "massaging" to get it in the right position for me. The green one is bigger (wider) than the gold. The gold seems to be a mini version of the green one. However, the smaller one (gold) might work better on smaller books? Just a thought.

3. While I think the concept of ALL is fantastic, I found that I soon tired of pulling it up and down as I turned pages. So I quickly realized that this clip would have to serve one purpose for ME, and that would be to free my hands for other things. Of course this is the whole idea behind it anyway!

Reading for me is a pleasure and something that I set aside time to do, just for me...so my hands do not need to be free...however, when I cook that's a different story. THIS PRODUCT IS IDEAL FOR COOKS EVERYWHERE. IDEAL! I have used mine already and found it to be invaluable. I need my hands free to dash here and there for ingredients, get that ladle I forgot or slotted spoon that is always located just out of my reach, or to dial the phone and call Mom and say, "Didn't you revise this recipe?" I can cook, wipe up messes, and talk all while my book sits comfortably and OPEN right where I want it, on my current recipe.

4. I would not hesitate to buy this product for the use explained in #3, but also don't discount using it for when you're on a treadmill, or playing music and the fact that it would slip easily into ANY handbag/purse for carrying on trips and vacations. What a unique Christmas gift, welcome to the neighborhood gift, Mother's Day, Father's Day...heck, come to think of it, is there ANY time this gift wouldn't be suitable? .........

AND

Ladies - if you have books or products that need an extra something (inexpensive but quality) to include as a freebee when someone buys your product, then I would suggest stocking up on this EZ Book Clip. I intend to.

Another feature of the clip is that you can have your very own logo put on the clips! Is that cool or what? Pure genius if you ask me. Love it Florence! I'm investigating the price of doing this now, and will let you know if I think it is feasible.

I'll use it for give-a-ways at book signings, speeches I give where I sell my own books, and it I think it will be a fantastic marketing tool.

Well, that's it for the EZ Book Clip and my review.

If you know of any other products you would want us to try and report on, just drop me a line at georgia@boomerwomenspeak.com and we'll see what we can do! We can't promise that your product will be reviewed, but we will certainly try!

JJ

#62858 - 05/28/06 03:54 AM Re: Boomer Products
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Just for the record, (and because Dianne is a hoot) we don't do hemorrhoidal creams...

Good grief! [Big Grin]

#62859 - 05/28/06 07:19 AM Re: Boomer Products
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What did Dianne say?

#62860 - 05/28/06 08:11 AM Re: Boomer Products
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, I can just imagine the "products" JJ will get now that she's a reviewer. I think I'll keep my eyes out for "unique" items... hee-hee.

#62861 - 05/28/06 08:16 AM Re: Boomer Products
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathy, I need to email you about your book, but you want to hear something great? My husband saw your book in my office and said, "that book's hysterical." He read it while it was sitting in the bedroom. He thought it was a riot. I thought you should know.

How are the next books in the series coming? Do you need topics?

#62862 - 05/28/06 08:39 AM Re: Boomer Products
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Her words:

Yes, I have some hemorrhoidal cream I'd like you to try.

Is she a nut or what? I laughed out loud when I got that email!

JJ

#62863 - 05/28/06 08:56 AM Re: Boomer Products
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
"Yes, I have some hemorrhoidal cream I'd like you to try..."

"around your eyes"...no less!

No puffiness there!

rotfpmp,
danita

#62864 - 05/28/06 11:04 AM Re: Boomer Products
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay Danita, what's rotfpmp ???

I know the "roll on the floor" but I need the pmp??

puffing my pasta?
packing my pistol?

Oh!!! Never mind, I just got it... can't write it here very well, but I got it. Thanks... [Smile]

#62865 - 05/28/06 05:21 PM Re: Boomer Products
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Giggles! Glad I didn't have to do some "splaining".

I'm off for a 2 day adventure to the mountains with my hubby...ya'll take care!

hugs,
d.

#62866 - 05/29/06 05:06 PM Re: Boomer Products
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Have fun Ms D....you crazy woman you!

JJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved