The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 203 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62152 - 05/09/05 11:06 PM Getting here
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wondered how everyone finds time to get to this site as often as we all do.

I keep a laptop on the couch in my den so every time I sit down, I have to pick up the laptop. I keep it connected to the interenet so every time I pick it up I check my email then this site. (I admit it, I'm addicted) If I'm writing something, I keep the site open and check in occasionally just to keep me typing.

I have a better plan, but it rarely works. I try to bribe myself to exercise by promising not to check the boomer site or my email except on my other laptop which is on a stand over my recumbent bike. It's such a great idea, but it doesn't always work. I would much rather recline on the couch and snuggle up with the laptop there.

How does everyone else get here?
smile

#62153 - 05/10/05 04:30 AM Re: Getting here
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Coming here is the highlight of my day...our computer is in the basement, and it's usually freezing down here, but I can scarcely wait to get down here and sign into BWS in the morning and see what everyone's up to. The difference between me now and me two months ago is astounding...I can't wait to get out of bed these days. I force myself to eat breakfast before coming here because once I'm here, I don't want to leave.

It's harder when hubby's not working, because he gets up at 5am, eats, then plays Civilization for hours. I used to just find other things to do while he played, but now I kick him off to have my turn.

I also use "time on BWS" as a reward for doing other stuff that's not as enjoyable...do 20 minutes of housework or gardening, get an hour of BWS...bake hubby's favourite cookies, get an hour of BWS, roll out of bed in the morning (not always easy for some of us), get 2 hours of BWS...you get the picture...I love being here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#62154 - 05/10/05 12:00 PM Re: Getting here
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
usually after 11pm, IF I don't need to finish up more stuff for my business. I set up a daily quota for chores and jewelry alike; if I meet my quota, I can spend time online (like in here); if I don't meet my quota, I'm not here.

#62155 - 05/11/05 03:40 AM Re: Getting here
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Meredith, I was in a local library today and I thought of you. There was a display case with a local jewelry maker's work featured: lots of beaded necklace, earrings, etc. And a pic and bio of the woman. I thought that was a good combination for you: Beads and Books! Love and Light, Lynn

#62156 - 05/11/05 10:46 PM Re: Getting here
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm logged on 24/7 w/my laptop and am constantly checking in on how things are going here at BWS. When my husband and I go away to the keys for a long weekend, I can't wait to get back and check on BWS and see what's been happening while I was gone.

#62157 - 05/12/05 12:11 AM Re: Getting here
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We were talking about giong to Bald Head Island. The only transportation on the island is golf carts. When I heard that my first question was...do they have internet access?

How do ya'll like having laptops? My hands seem too big for them.

#62158 - 05/12/05 12:24 AM Re: Getting here
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, I love my lap top, and couldn't live without it. We are Mac users, and I have an iBookG4. It is an update from the old clam shell style of Mac, which was the midwife for first book. I hope there is not a tracking system from BWS that would reveal how many times a day I check on the site; it would be embarrassing. I'm here often, but I don't always post. LLL

#62159 - 05/12/05 05:35 PM Re: Getting here
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Everyone of my family, friends and business partners know to reach me via e-mail first. I have both the desk top on in my home office and then a laptop on in my kitchen. I love our wireless network and have fun transporting my laptop to the backyard to sit and watch kiddos playing/hanging out. So, I check the site a few times a day as part of my routine, when I check e-mail.

Having a computer attached to me seems to be hardwired into my DNA.

#62160 - 05/16/05 11:20 PM Re: Getting here
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks Lynn! Of course, I thinks it's an awesome combination!

Of for those of you who are taking notes... I'm in here IN THE MORNING today! I'm taking a day off from jewelry-making because today's "chore" is cleaning up my entire display from yesterday's festival on sawdust/ wood chips, and I'm procrastinating... probably 6-7 hours work to clean it all, and I'm still sneezing from yesterday! I'll break it into 2 days; otherwise, my allergies will kill me [Frown]

#62161 - 05/17/05 08:36 AM Re: Getting here
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Glad your back and posting whe time allows. I hope you sell a zillion bucks this season... [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved