The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60227 - 05/10/05 05:16 AM Unwanted intruder
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
A very nasty piece of work (and I am not usually inclined to label people this way) walked unexpectedly into my daughters preschool this morning bringing back all the bad feelings from last year's day care problem. Being the great big marshmellow that I am, now I am a total emotional heap, and it's going to take my whole free morning to recover.

Thank God for the lovely women who are currently looking after my child!

#60228 - 05/11/05 07:38 AM Re: Unwanted intruder
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Julie, do they keep the doors locked at her preschool? There was a time when our preschool left the doors unlocked. We had several homeless people who often wandered the building looking for food and money because it's located in a church. It was a sad day when our Session voted to lock all doors to the church and school. Now everyone has to beep and speak through a speaker to enter. I liked the good old days when people could be trusted and doors were flung open.

#60229 - 05/11/05 07:46 AM Re: Unwanted intruder
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
And I remember when it was OK for a teacher (or any adult) to hug or comfort a child, without fear of being accused of doing something improper.

Oh, this world that we live in these days.

Whirlwind

#60230 - 05/10/05 10:51 PM Re: Unwanted intruder
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I have a dear friend who was/is still a very well-respected, family/community man, very involved in his church, the salt of the earth...and a much beloved teacher in the community elementary school. He had been teaching there for years, and had always put his hand on a student's shoulder to give encouragement or a pat on the back to say "well done". One day one of the students, a newcomer to the small community, complained to her parents that he had "touched" her, setting off a terribly embarrassing investigation which led to nothing more than the parents' apology for their over-reaction and his sad realization that even such small tokens of encouragement and support were no longer appropriate. He eventually lost his zeal for teaching and left soon after that, which was the true tragedy of this story.

But, at the same time, I do remember many "inappropriate touching" incidents from my own school days, things that would never be allowed today (thank God). While I'm sorry that an enouraging pat on the back is no longer allowed, I'm glad that things like putting duck tape across a 7-year-old's mouth and then ripping it off with no mercy (not my mouth, but it impacted me for the rest of my life) would be included in that list of improper teaching methods!

[ May 10, 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#60231 - 05/17/05 08:23 AM Re: Unwanted intruder
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What ever happened to the trust and the appropriateness of the good old days, granted not all good but for ther most part they were. [Roll Eyes]

#60232 - 05/18/05 07:06 AM Re: Unwanted intruder
Dotsie Offline
Founder

whirl, I feel for the kids who don't get the attention at home, and no longer can get the occasional pats on the back, hugs, and encouragement from the school system.

Eagle, we had a similar situation in our elementary school when our kids were little. The man lost his job! To this day we don't know the true story. Do you ever?

Chatty, I wonder the same. I think crooked lawyers have lots to do with it.

[ May 17, 2005, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#60233 - 05/18/05 03:14 AM Re: Unwanted intruder
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Umm excuse me but are there any other kind of Lawyers, I don't know any.... [Razz]

#60234 - 05/18/05 10:32 PM Re: Unwanted intruder
Dotsie Offline
Founder

There are, but unfortunately they're retiring because they can't stand the new way of practicing.

In all fairness, I'm sure there are more. They're just getting harder and harder to find because so many are caught up in the almighty dollar.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved