The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#133610 - 12/04/07 09:43 AM Two beauties just finished...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Blue for a baby boy and a pink, minty green and white for a baby girl. Both ready for a new home. Handmade, with love in every stitch. If you're in need of a soft, hand crocheted 'baby comforter' PM me...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#133611 - 12/08/07 03:32 PM Re: Two beauties just finished... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, I didn't want to cover up your FOR SALE post, so I hope you don't mind me putting this query here...actually, I wanted to ask YOU about this anyway since you are the expert in crocheting. Hope you don't mind.

Would you happen to have an easy pattern for crocheting a scarf with fringe? Or a knitted one...either one???

#133612 - 12/09/07 02:22 AM Re: Two beauties just finished... [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, do you have a picture?

#133613 - 12/11/07 01:31 AM Re: Two beauties just finished...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope but maybe I could get someone to tak some. Lola posted a picture of one I made for her. Many of the Boomers have bought these baby afghans from me including Dianne who had one made for her dog, and they loved them. One woman has ordered three now, one for a baby girl, a baby boy and one multi colored for either...I make up the patterns in my head so they are unique and one of a kind.

I guarantee them completely so if they don't like the color or style I will refund the money or re-do it. I also make special orders where they buy the yarn they want, send it to me, and I do the work...

I also make lapghans for adults, a bit smaller than a regular afghan about a five by five, also round...

Edited by chatty lady (12/11/07 01:35 AM)

#133614 - 12/12/07 10:24 AM Re: Two beauties just finished... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, so what size do you have and what colors?

#133615 - 12/13/07 12:53 AM Re: Two beauties just finished...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have a adult size lapghan for Christmas, red, white and green.

I have a baby size thats a dark & light peach, green and white.

Another for a baby is pinks, minty greens and white.

I just finished a powder blue for a baby.

Wow, I just noticed, I may hit 11,000 posts by Christmas.

Edited by chatty lady (12/13/07 12:56 AM)

#133616 - 01/03/08 07:02 PM Re: Two beauties just finished... [Re: chatty lady]
glessmom Offline

Loc: WI
HI chatty - glad to see someone who crochets! I also crochet - but with very thin thread - doilies - table scarves - table cloths etc. Right now, I am working on coming up with a pattern for my aunt - she wants 2 dresser scarves made and has picked out 5 motifs. I am making up sample swatches of each, since they are old patterns and I want to make sure they will measure just right for the furniture pieces when finished.

I just love to crochet - keeps me busy when watching TV or just sitting waiting for an appointment or something.

Will let you know when I have these 2 beauties finished! But it won't be until sometime this Spring! LOL

www.ugomom.com

#133617 - 01/05/08 09:55 AM Re: Two beauties just finished... [Re: glessmom]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Linda,
Right now I am making a black and royal blue afghan for dancer...I'm about a quarter of the way there but had to order more yarn so it'll take a little longer than I had hoped... I too crochet while watching TV or just relaxing with the stereo on. After some of the days I have, I need to lose myself in my crocheting at night...

Oh poo JJ, I just was reading these again and noticed your post. I am so sorry I missed it before. This is going to sound odd, but I taught myself to crochet and make up the patterns "in my head" as I go along, Haven't a clue how to follow a pattern either. I could probably make a scarf like that but I specialize in round, baby blanket size afghans and adult lapghans and some larger afghans...
Again so sorry I am just seeing your question tonight...

Edited by chatty lady (01/05/08 10:04 AM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved