The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#200151 - 02/26/10 04:41 AM What did Elvis fans wear?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I wasn't sure where to put this post, but I may have to sew an outfit and I need your help.

My best friend is celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows in Vegas at an Elvis chapel in April. I'll be her Maid of Honor, like I was 25 years ago. Her daughter will also be a Maid of Honor.

Rick will be dressed like Elvis, wig and all. Heidi is dressing like Priscilla, hair extensions and all. I have to decide what I'm going to wear, and it has to have red in it. Madison (the daughter) is a young tiny thing and will most likely go with a short tight cute number.

Me, being many pounds overweight, can no longer wear those types of things. I was thinking I could do a "flower child" loose dress or skirt, but not sure if that would work. What did Elvis fans wear in 1967, when he got married?

#200180 - 02/27/10 01:47 AM Re: What did Elvis fans wear? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Being a resident here since 1970, I have attended many weddings and many were at the Elvis Wedding Chapel.

Remember Kathy, this is Vegas and anything goes,literally; from formal to everyday wear. I would suggest you find something comfortable, that is colorful, then wear it with grace and confidence and you'll fit right in, believe me...
If you stood up for them before in Elvis's time, 25 year ago, what did you wear then? Does anyone have pictures?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200182 - 02/27/10 02:27 AM Re: What did Elvis fans wear? [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Actually, 25 years ago it was 1985 and we wore your basic bridesmaid dresses in mauve. I'm thinking I'll go this weekend and look at fabric and patterns and see what I can find.

A flowing wrap skirt would be east to make, would fit my waist no matter what happens (!), and maybe a tank or top with dangling beads and peace signs, etc. Is that too hippie? sure sounds comfy though...

#200184 - 02/27/10 02:38 AM Re: What did Elvis fans wear? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nope, sounds good! Sounds comfy, and yet elegant with the beads and maybe dangly earrings. I just typed in, I think it was 1967clothing.com and was going to send it but I clicked it off accidently and now I can't remember what I typed in and so many sights popped up too... I am such a baffoon when it comes to this darn computer. Remember to make something COOL it can already be getting hot in April...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved