The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95106 - 11/14/06 05:08 PM It's cheaper in America!!!
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hey Guys,
it's an IM3 PANTOGRAPH ENGRAVER, here at home it will cost me about a third of my set up costs. I have searched, googled, ebayed, phoned, mailed...ye get the picture. If you know anything about this equiptment or where to get it..even second hand.....I would be bloomin' over the moon. I am trying every source at the moment.so here's hoping.

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#95107 - 11/14/06 05:36 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Poppie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hey Popea! Here's looking at ya! Like your hat. I actually imagined you looking like you do.
I found a link. You've probably found this too. Engraving Products

#95108 - 11/14/06 09:27 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Hiya Hannah, thank you for looking pet....Did you check out their prices, it would take up nearly half of my staring budget to purchase of those guys. I may be lucky in that I have found a place in Belfast who has a reconditioned one ..the price, five hundred quid. I may be able to talk him down a bit. Fingers crossed.
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#95109 - 11/17/06 10:53 AM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Popea, tell us your plan for using this? Is it for personal or business use? Did you find one?

#95110 - 11/19/06 12:54 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!!
Poppie Offline

Hi Dots,

It's an engraver that I will use for scripted writing on some jewellry, trophy's, plaques...etc. It is an older model...most are updating to lazer, but I prefer this model. I can do a lot more with it, make my peices more authentic in design. I will hand engrave specific peices myself. I may have a reconditioned one for a third the price here in Belfast, and have to cut back and buy cheaper tools for other things. I saw the model on an american site ages ago... and it was much cheaper. Three hundred and fifty dollars or so. The one I may get will be Five hundred pounds including two sets of lettering, which is pretty cheap, considering that to buy new over here would cost over a grand!!!!

#95111 - 11/19/06 03:48 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hi Popea
I just went to ebay and found a few on that site. I don't know full price, but one just went for $699 and one was buy now at $499. Hope this helps.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95112 - 11/20/06 04:17 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Anno...you are a wee diamond. Thanks, I never would have thought of ebay.
I will Keep you posted.

#95113 - 12/07/06 07:23 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Whooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo...Anno,guess who got one on ebay for 250 pounds. Yup....me. Thank you again for a point in the right direction.

Keep Sweet.

Popea

#95114 - 12/07/06 09:40 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That is so cool! Score another one for Boomer Women Speak's forums and the connections! Wuhooo!

#95115 - 12/07/06 10:13 PM Re: It's cheaper in America!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am so very happy that I could be of help to you. I would love to hear more about what you will do with this new toy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved