The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59017 - 01/05/05 09:20 PM I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Hi,
I love to do all kinds of crafts, sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc.
I also love to cook and bake. Just call me "Suzie Homemaker".
We are a lost breed.. Don't know many women who love to do all these things anymore.. at least in San Diego.. ha ha.
JAM

#59018 - 01/07/05 08:12 AM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Mammajude Welcome!!!
You fit in right here then. You will find crafters in this group.
I like to do Calligraphy, Tole Painting,
Rubber Stamping and Scrapbooking. I sell them in a shop and handmade paper cards now over the internet. Its been a lot of fun.
Suzy homemakers are not a lost group here in the county where I live. A lot of them crochet and sew. There items are beautiful. We see a lot of them at bazaars, raffles amd etc.Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more from you.
Maggie

#59019 - 01/07/05 01:28 AM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
mammajude Offline

Thanks Maggie,
I'm glad to know a lot of people still love to do crafts and all.
I know the only time I really see it is at craft faires which I LOVE>>> They don't happen very often. Its neet to see how people use the talents they have...
more later..

#59020 - 01/07/05 07:20 PM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mamma, I don't do crafts, but I am a Suzy homemaker. I take pride in my family and home. I love to cook for them and make the house cozy. I hope we aren't a dying breed.

#59021 - 01/07/05 09:24 PM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
mammajude,
What projects are you working on now?
Maggie

#59022 - 01/10/05 09:10 PM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
mammajude Offline

I've been crocheting and knitting some scarfs. I am also trying to finish a quilt I had started that is the Log Cabin pattern. I want to finish it this year.. ha ha..

#59023 - 01/11/05 03:07 AM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is a company that puts out a catalog plus has a email address and they sell crafting products wholesale. Never have I found cheaper merchandise and good quality. There is nothing they don't have or can't get you. Send for their catalog, once on the mailing list you will receive catalogs for each holiday with tons of holiday crafts and ready made items. For anyone interested:

ORIENTAL TRADING COMPANY
P.O. BOX 2308
Omaha, Nebraska 68103-2308
Phone 800-228-2269

www.orientaltrading.com
I hope you are as happy with them as I have been over the years. Great for school/church projects

#59024 - 01/12/05 08:56 AM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I get that catalog. It was really handy when I was involved with the kids at school and church. I'd order items for Halloween parties, Easter Festivals, Lenten Festivals, etc. Good stuff cheap for kids. You know...the stuff that fills all the drawers! [Wink]

#59025 - 01/18/05 05:39 AM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Actually there's a fiber guild in San Diego so you have like minded spirits sharing your city.

Sandra

#59026 - 01/24/05 02:18 AM Re: I love Crafts, Sewing, etc.
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
I also enjoyindg knitting and embroidering, which i have been doing a lot of in the past few years with two grandchildren entering our family. I started a baby quilt when my first grandchild was announced, it wasn't finished by the second grandchild showed up two years later. My daughter she may have another child in three years maybe finished by then. Right now i am working on a baby announcement picture, i might add the child is six months now. i also like cooking and baking, but with my work schedule and no kids at home i not able to exercise my passion, my husband has no sweet tooth. my husband feels insecure if i work with my hands doing crafts that i enjoy even if we are watching tv. I getting to the point that i turning a deaf ear to his protest, if he in his retiring years doesn't have a hobby other than sleeping, and watching tv that is his problem not mind. chichii

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved