The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58894 - 08/17/04 12:39 AM County Fairs/State Fairs
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
Are you entering your Arts and Crafts in County and State Fairs. I think Meredith wrote that she did and won blue ribbons.
I entered Tole and Decorative Painting plus decorative signs and cow pins. I was pleased to win three blue and one red ribbon.
Let us hear from the rest of you.
Maggie

#58895 - 08/17/04 10:50 AM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Maggie, that's great!! [Big Grin] And wish I'd won blue but so far just second place in gems and minerals for my entire display; and several third place ribbons (white) for my recycled boxes. Next year I need to branch out and enter more of the recycled categories.

#58896 - 08/17/04 02:16 PM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Congrats to both of you very creative and talented women! I wish we could be there when you received your ribbons. You go girls! [Big Grin]

JJ

#58897 - 08/17/04 06:36 PM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats ladies. Did you spend any time standing at your pieces so people could meet the artisans?

Maggie, what items did you paint?

Meredith, Tell us about your recycled boxes...

#58898 - 08/17/04 10:38 PM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
Maggie Offline

Thanks,Meredith, Jawjaw and Dotsie.
Sorry Meredith but I think just entering the fair is great. Congratulations on your red and white ribbons. [Big Grin] I would like to know more about your recycled boxes too. Sounds interesting.
Dotsie I painted a watering can different colors of green background. Then painted stroke roses on it. That was the painting on metal category. I also had a wood sprinkling can that was painted with a patriotic heart, flowers and
the words Oh My Stars. Red ribbon
Then signs painted with words like Garden, Annuals, Perennials. They have a wire handle and beads. The cow pins were cut out cow faces so I painted them and put a pin on the back. Tillamook is noted for its cows. [Wink]
Thanks again

#58899 - 08/18/04 03:33 AM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Recycled boxes? That sounds interesting, Meredith. Did I mention that I make (or used to make) beaded jewelry? I was very into it for a while. I have tons of beads sitting here still. I must have made hundreds of pairs of earrings. I still have a lot of it. I love gemstones, but more the faceted stones. The beads are very interesting though. I love turning them into pieces of jewelry and designing my own creations. [Smile]

Louisa

#58900 - 08/18/04 11:09 AM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
The whole Recycled category of the fair is about taking ordinary or throwaway objects, and decorating/ turning them into art or something functional. There are 6(?) divisions under Recycled: boxes and containers; fabric scraps and string; jars; miscellaneous; and two I can't remember. A person is allowed one entry per division.

This year I used a wooden box that had held tea bags. I spray-painted the entire box inside and out pale metallic copper. Then I painted pearlized mint green suns, pearly orchid moons, and pearly aqua abstracts on all sides and top of the box. Then epoxied seed beads and rocailles inside all the designs. Large off-white carved wooden beads for legs. Flourite crystal chunks around the entire sides of the lid.

#58901 - 08/20/04 01:49 AM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredith that box you painted all copper with the large beads for legs sounds so beautiful, it would make a lovely gift. Our huge hand crafted gift show is coming to town next month. I love to see all the unique creations and usually spend the entire week-end wondering around the displays. I am really looking forward to it this year.... [Wink]

#58902 - 08/20/04 05:01 PM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, I marvel at your creativity. Are you selling those boxes?

Maggie, do you sell your crafts?

#58903 - 08/21/04 07:36 AM Re: County Fairs/State Fairs
Maggie Offline

Yes, my crafts are in Ruth's in Rockaway. I rent a space and sell Tole and decorative painted items, rubber stamped cards, handmade paper cards
rubber stamps and scrapbooking.
Meredith your boxes sound elegant.
Maggie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved