The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58619 - 09/09/03 05:14 AM Bazaars
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Our Church womens group are beginning their bazaar workshops.
Just wondering if any of you have wonderful, quick, easy ideas that the crafty ladies could use. Some just want to help out and like to do simple crafts. My email is crafterscoop@oregoncoast.com if you have ideas
please let me know.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58620 - 09/09/03 03:26 PM Re: Bazaars
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Maggie,
Anyone do stained glass. We had an ornament from our church one year that is simply the 3 letters that we refer to our chuch. TPC...

Maybe someone could design one and others could reproduce?

One of the men in our congregation took a picture of our church building and cut it out, placed it on wood that was also cut the shape of the picture. Got that? Anyway, both of them are a little complicated but with the right tools are great gift/bazaar items.

#58621 - 09/09/03 04:46 PM Re: Bazaars
Maggie Offline

Thank you Dotsie, what wonderful ideas. We will use them I am sure. I love the wooden Church and
will let you know how that one goes.
Will see if someone does stained glass.
Thanks so much.
Maggie

#58622 - 09/09/03 05:15 PM Re: Bazaars
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
One thing I use to make for Christmas gifts was:

take one mailbox post (post only) the one that comes with a pointed end (like a pencil point at the end and is ONLY the post, no horizontal post)

paint it solid white

paint two black eyes on it

take about a 2 or 3" dole or small wooden rod and drill a whole inbetween the eyes for the nose (painted black too)

paint black round dots for a smile

put 4" doles out of each side OR EVEN JUST ONE SIDE for arms.

Put a knitted cap with a ball on the top of it on the head.

I ususally hung a wreath or a sign for one of the hands. I also only used ONE arm. It makes a great "welcome" type stand to put by your front door during the holiday seasons since it has a square base. You could make your own greeting sign to hang from it by printing something off of the computer and then pasting it on cardboard, then using a coathanger, fashion you a hanger for it! Also, I have made Santa's (which were more popular) too but they require using RED and White paint, more of a face and unless you know how to paint, it can be tricky. Hope this gives you a mental picture and is maybe something you can use! [Big Grin]

#58623 - 09/10/03 07:15 AM Re: Bazaars
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Another idea that just popped up would be to take:

brightly colored paper and shape it into a cone

fill the paper with nuts

you can put ribbon around it
you can stamp the paper with logo's, smiley faces, christmas themes, thanksgiving..anything!

It is a fast, easy craft idea and the salty nuts can lead to you selling drinks too!

[ September 09, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]

#58624 - 09/10/03 04:15 AM Re: Bazaars
Maggie Offline

Thanks, Jawjaw love all the wonderful ideas. I do
love to do wooden stuff so that sounds like fun.
Also the paper and nuts is enticing.
Thanks again,
Maggie

#58625 - 09/13/03 03:35 PM Re: Bazaars
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Maggie, just remembered something else our chuch has done to raise money. Someone took lots of pictures of our church. They photographed the gardens, stanied glass, the sanctuary, chapel, and other little churchy things. Thenthey had card made at Price Club with a little saying on the bottom and sold them in packs. They weren't the BEST quality in the world, but people bought them. [Wink]

#58626 - 10/23/03 06:03 AM Re: Bazaars
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Can I add something? If people aren't sick of hearing me talk....

I have 13 or 15 people in the Newsroom that I work closely with... well I've got four kids too so I can't afford to buy gifts, not in that volume anyway.

So - what I did was similar to jawjaws but different. I took used file folders, cut them into semi-circles and made cones; then I spray adhesive on them and glittered them. THEN I filled them (and this may sound weird but it's not, REALLY) so I filled them with stuff I found on the street....I squirted hot-glue in them and then stuffed them full of bunches of those red berries, some sprigs of the bushes at my work that looked sort of ferny looking, and then I attached a little handle made of that thin wire with the little plastic stars wrapped around it... it's got tiny stars, comes in colors.. I don't know what it's called though. And then to finish them off I sprinkled that whitish-pinkish-bluish glitter (what do you call that stuff?) over the top. And then I made little cards and attached them to the wire at one corner.

There were little holiday thoughts, people hung them at their cubicles for close to the whole year...they dry well and looked beautiful.

Total cost? Under $10.. and they went over so well I made more for some of my girlfriends. It's the time and thought that counts. I still have one hanging in my living room. I love it.

#58627 - 10/23/03 09:06 AM Re: Bazaars
Maggie Offline

Great idea Dreamkate. We shall have to try it too.
The elves were really busy working today. I think there bazaar will be really nice.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58628 - 10/23/03 04:34 PM Re: Bazaars
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Maggie, when is the bazaar? I'll be there! [Razz]

DK, I love your idea. I walk almost everyday and I love bringing the outdoors in. Always have fresh flowers, branches, berries, or something of that sort in the house. I'm not crafty, but I might be able to manage that one. [Wink]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved