The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3631 - 10/28/05 08:23 PM Young adult daughter's kiss off letter to mom
JPW Offline

Loc: Washington State
My 18-year-old daughter left telling me that our relationship is over. She entered a 30-day eating disorder treatment center, which she needed to do, so we paid for it. We have been unsuccessful in outpatient care. She wants me to leave her father because she found out recently that 5 years ago he had an affair and because he has bipolar I disorder and was untreated until 2 years ago. We have always been very close and I have truly spoiled her, trying to make up for the ups and downs of living with a bipolar dad. My husband is treated and doing well now. She called once swearing and demanding money.I miss her so much and struggle with acceptance.

#3632 - 10/28/05 08:46 PM Re: Young adult daughter's kiss off letter to mom
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
[Frown] I am so sorry you are going through this. Life can be such an uphill struggle. But as my signature Bible verse says " All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and who are called, according to His purpose..."
It would be nice, sometimes, to know what that purpose is.
I will pray for peace and strength for your family.

#3633 - 10/29/05 06:51 AM Re: Young adult daughter's kiss off letter to mom
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JPW, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter and you are struggling. I think the best thing to realize is that this is a stage. It will pass. I doubt very seriously that she will stay angry for long. Unfortunately, we parents have to endure teen moods. I know your heart is aching. I will pray for you to find other activities to occupy your mind during this difficult time.

I have two teens and a twenty year old. I've heard my share of eating disorder stories. I'll pray your daughter meets with success while in this program. Is she nearby? can you visit?

#3634 - 10/29/05 06:37 PM Re: Young adult daughter's kiss off letter to mom
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
JPW, my daughter is in a alcohol program right now so I understand how you're feeling. I think anger is part of the problem that goes along with any disorder and they will help her deal with it in the program. Try to not take it personally.

Like you, I tried to make up to my daughter for the lack of a father. He deserted all the kids and I stepped in and tried to be both parents. In doing so, she is spoiled too. I didn't do her any favors.

Mine would call and ask me to mail stuff to her and honestly, it wasn't anything she couldn't do without. They don't need money because everything is covered in the cost of the program. I bought her a 300 minute calling card and she gave it to her room mate! That irritated me.

You have to be strong right now and not be pressured into accepting her demands. I'm trying to uncreate the monster I created.

#3635 - 01/01/06 03:05 AM Re: Young adult daughter's kiss off letter to mom
ladybug Offline

JPW, I just read this post and wonder how you and your daughter are doing?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved