The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 54 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3814 - 08/06/03 06:50 AM school starts so early now
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
My granddaughter is starting school on august 13. when i was a kid, we started school after labor day. summer goes by too fast for me. there is never enough time for allthe fun i want to have with my grandchild. how about you guys. does school start early where you are too? Sandy

#3815 - 08/06/03 06:09 PM Re: school starts so early now
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sandy, I agree! We take my son to college in about a week. Such a short summer.

Our one son had to go to school until June 21st because of all the missed snow days. He goes back Aug. 25th. They only had about 8 weeks of summer. I think it's a shame. I wish they didn't go back until after Labor Day!

Our daughter is the lucky one! She doesn't go back until after Labor Day and she is loving it! [Big Grin]

#3816 - 08/06/03 06:44 PM Re: school starts so early now
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, where do you live? And where does your daughter live? Are those okay Q's to ask? I live in the foothills west of Denver. Our kids only get 8 weeks of vacation every summer. I was born in NJ. I remember being out of school befor Memorial Day and going back in September after Labor Day. Why is the school year so long now? [Roll Eyes]
When the kids go back to school, I know winter is not to far in the future. And, though i enjoy sledding and building snow people and playing in the snow like all the rest of the kids, snow does get old after six months of it.
I am still trying to get my summer garden in! What happen to July? Yesterday we shot fireworks, today it's August. Yikes, either I am over-multi tasking or time is moving faster now then in the old days. Old days? Double Yikes! Am I from the old days? I better shush my mouth before I get in trouble with some baby booomer women who are (not)from the OLD DAYS.
Anyone's kids out there got better summer breaks then us?
Like to here from you and know abouts where you live.
Sandy

#3817 - 08/06/03 09:48 PM Re: school starts so early now
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Sandy,
Love the "old days" reminds me of our childhoods.
So much fun and peaceful playing work up in an old field with all the neighborhood kids. Hide and seek, roller skating on sidewalks, hopscotch.
School here ends the first week of June and begins the Tuesday after Labor Day. I too don't like to see summer end as it means rain.
Emjoy the kids while their home.
Maggie

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved