The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218110 - 11/08/12 05:08 PM Unusual...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Get this. On election day, some mother gave birth to twins, naming them Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. sick

#218111 - 11/08/12 07:18 PM Re: Unusual...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Jabber, I hadn't heard about this and at first I found it quite unbelievable...

but I Googled your twins story and found out a link to the story, which I have shared here. It happened in Kenya.

I'd just been writing about Kenya on the NABBW Facebook page yesterday, so this seemed like a lot about Kenya all at once...

The Kenya story from yesterday is an important one, which was brought to my attention by Cindy Speaker, a very caring friend of mine who went to Kenya to film a story about potable water. That film is called Well of Dreams: The Journey of Anne Okelo and it's about the daily perils of fetching water in a Kenyan village.

As a result of something Cindy learned while she was there directing the film, she's now heading up a non-profit designed to keep more Kenyan girls in school.

According to Cindy, a lot of Kenyan girls have to stop attending school for a few days each month, due to their monthly periods. The reason, lack of something as simple as sanitary napkins!

So Cindy now heads up a Well Of Dreams sanitary napkin program, which provides WASHABLE sanitary napkins for these girls. The napkins are reusable for a year, and one kit for one girl costs $25.

Pretty amazing IMHO!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218112 - 11/09/12 02:12 PM Re: Unusual...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I found it unbelievable too that's why I posted it. The fact that you just finished writing about Kenya, is amazing. And the Well of Dreams is an awesome adventure.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved