The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 207 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#202163 - 04/12/10 04:09 PM How Demi Moore Beats Being 47
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
April 12, 2010 @ 11:30am People Magazine by Scott Huver

How Demi Moore Beats Being 47

Demi Moore might be 47, but she really doesn't feel a day older than ... well, 5. "I pretty much think of myself as like still being about 5. Maybe that's why my Twitter picture is of me at 5," the actress said Friday at a press conference for her new movie, The Joneses. That childlike enthusiasm, not any particular beauty products or workout routines, is what she says makes her seem so young. "I don't know if there is any particular secret [to staying youthful]," she says. "I think that laughter and smiling are one of the best antidotes to aging that you could possibly have." Moore's affinity for the younger generation will come in handy this summer when she shoots her next film, LOL, in which she plays Miley Cyrus's mom. Moore just met the 17-year-old pop star last week, and was impressed.

.............For now, Moore – who's been mulling the idea of becoming a mother again with Ashton Kutcher– is promoting The Joneses with costar David Duchovny.

Read entire story: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20360020,00.html

#202164 - 04/12/10 04:26 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

I think Demi's youthful thinking, staying active, and having a really young husband .... all help to keep her young. Any plastic surgery can't hurt either if you have the money.

Although having a baby at almost 50 is Demi's business, I am of the opinion doing so is a very selfish act and not something one should deliberately do to any child.

There are many successful children raised by grannies whose grown children died or made a mess of their own lives....but to deliberately bear a child at that age, when there is a good chance you will not be around for much of their lives....is not something I could ever see myself doing.

Of course, in Demi's case, hubby Ashton has just turned 32 (same age as my son) and of course there is plenty of money for nanny-help.

I married a man 6 years younger than me, but no way would I have deliberately brought a child into the world if I were still a granny-aged woman in my very late 40s. Heck, I sometimes felt too tired for full time child-rearing in my late 30s. lol lol lol I love youngsters, and I think young. People tell me I look much younger than my current 60 years.

But my innards are getting OLD. And I feel my age more and more. I love acting like a kid around kids....then giving them back to their young moms.

What say you?

#202890 - 05/01/10 01:15 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: Josie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I say, I still feel about the age of 9. I was the youngest in
the family, when 7 of us lived together and that's sort of
where I stopped. I can't believe how old I am, so about 20
years I quit aging. LOL...

#202891 - 05/01/10 01:15 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Now I know this is going to cover up more recent threads.
For that I apologize but I just saw this topic!

#202923 - 05/02/10 01:09 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

This is a survey: What age do you picture yourself at?

#202924 - 05/02/10 01:16 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: jabber]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Psychologically/emotionally I feel more like 35. I know that I look closer to 70, even though I am really 61. This is due to a drastic weight loss and too many years of smoking. I've learned to live with it and just pretend it isn't so. But give me money for a face lift and I am right on it smile

#202929 - 05/02/10 04:53 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: greene]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
44...on my 44th birthday I announced to my family..."this is it...I am staying 44 forever..."

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203003 - 05/03/10 11:41 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: AvalonBlondi]
jabber Offline

greene,
I quit smoking in 1984, after smoking for 20 plus years.
Ever try hypnosis? I tried quitting many, many times but would
go back. Hypnotism did it for me! Perhaps it'd work for you, too.
I hope so; I've been trying to get my cousin's daughter to
stop smoking. Her mom just went to be with The Lord.

Blondi,
I stopped having birthdays at 39. I got that from Jack Benny!

#203345 - 05/12/10 05:35 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: jabber
greene,
I quit smoking in 1984, after smoking for 20 plus years.
Ever try hypnosis? I tried quitting many, many times but would
go back. Hypnotism did it for me! Perhaps it'd work for you, too.
I hope so; I've been trying to get my cousin's daughter to
stop smoking. Her mom just went to be with The Lord.

Blondi,
I stopped having birthdays at 39. I got that from Jack Benny!

That hypnotism is something else. It really works. My husband was a heavy smoker and tried everything to quit. One night he came back from a GROUP hypnotism session and said he was now a non-smoker. I did not believe him, but he was serious. He has not had a puff in 11 years since that night. (I heavily smoked for 27 years and have been smoke-free for 17 years, so believe me, if he had ever snuck a puff, I would smell it from 10 miles away)

#203346 - 05/12/10 05:38 PM Re: How Demi Moore Beats Being 47 [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: jabber
This is a survey: What age do you picture yourself at?

Although the reality of "60" shows in the mirror (people say I could pass for 45) ..... I FEEL anywhere from 8 to 80, depending on the day or situation.

I like to keep the "8" inside me alive and well, so I will never completely lose my remaining innocence about life.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved